CDI Corporation MVS Recovery Operator in Sterling Forest, New York
JOB TITLE: MVS Recovery Operator
DESCRIPTION: The Recovery Operator is a member of CDI-IT Solutions. The purpose of the position is to execute job duties related to MVS Mainframe Operations, Distributed Operations and AS/400 Operations as requested by the customer and as directed by CDI management. Our team is responsible for supporting our client and their Business Continuity and Resiliency Services clients.
* Monitor and recover mainframe MVS and AS/400 systems.
* Must keep accurate timelines for problem tickets.
* Telephone/customer service skills required.
* Performing daily system and application checkout.
* Perform real-time monitoring of applications.
* Escalation of unexpected events and incidents to technical support.
* Document system incidents via problem management tools.
* Log and track system incidents to ensure proper follow up and closure.
* Performing and/or support software implementation and configuration change
* Coordinate and perform certification of daily changes to ensure successful implementation.
* Document results of change implementation in shift turnovers.
REQUIRED SKILLS (Minimum Skills Absolutely Required):
* 2+ years of Computer Operations experience.
* MVS and JES required.
* Previous Operations background with at least one of the following platforms: Mainframe, Distributed, iSeries.
* Preferred experience with IBM software applications.
* Strong customer management skills; proven client interaction experience.
* Very good problem solving skills.
* Ability to coordinate with teammates and management.
* Independent and teamwork ability.
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies and tools.
* Experience operating Mainframe, Distributed or AS/400 platforms.
* Experience with problem and change reporting systems.
* The ability to interact with customers and support groups.
* Work location : Sterling Forest, New York 10979
Employer's Job# BBBH374386
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.