Intertek Operations Coordinator in St Rose, Louisiana
GENERAL DESCRIPTION of RESPONSIBILITY
To receive nominations on behalf of specified clients and/or for specified commodities, to pass on the client's instructions, and to monitor the job through its duration.
· On receipt of a request for services, regardless of how received, to record the details of the nomination on a Job Order or equivalent, to enter each job into a record kept for the purpose, and to record a unique identifier. To review client instructions and identify potential problems regarding operations, conflict of interest, ethics or compliance, and to alert relevant parties in order to seek solutions.
· To be familiar with the nominating company's ITS/CB agreement, to communicate with the client to obtain detailed instructions and to verify the client's needs, and to coordinate further communications between the client and ITS personnel who will be handling the work.
· To update the responsible parties to allow them organization of requested services, to relay available information supplied of the hazards and other properties of the products dealt with, and to communicate among all parties to resolve problems in a responsive manner.
· To act as single point of contact for designated clients for all instructions.
· To collect the information provided by Inspectors, to communicate with the laboratory regarding analysis performed, and to assemble a final report ready for publishing.
· To maintain good records on closed jobs for purposes of billing, volume reconciliation, claims handling, etc.
· To maintain a geographic awareness of Intertek Testing Services Caleb Brett's locations and capabilities.
· To be prepared to access at any time the necessary personnel and services.
· To visit clients and be a positive representative of the Branch and of the Company.
· To perform the functions of a Dispatcher when occasionally required.
· To carry out the above responsibilities, and all others which may be assigned, in a manner demonstrating support for and adherence to the Company’s Safety Policy and Procedures, Quality Policy and Procedures, Ethics Policy, Environmental Management System, Vision and Strategy, and to exercise good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy in so doing.
The Coordinator normally has no direct line personnel authority in the usual sense of the organizational chart, but generally will supervise the personnel working the jobs referred to in 1.1 above. The Coordinator can expect to be given full cooperation and assistance by all Operations and Laboratory staff in the completion of any given job.
If the Branch is large enough to employ a Coordinator, then the Coordinator normally reports through the Operations Manager. Exceptions in a Branch are given in Section 6 below.
· The Coordinator requires a sound knowledge of petroleum and chemical inspection procedures.
· An understanding of the business requirements of the client, relative to the purpose of the services provided, is required.
· A full understanding of the Company Compliance and Zero Tolerance Policies is required.
· The Coordinator needs a knowledge of the testing of those commodities which are at the core of the business, and of the significance of quality test data.
· The Coordinator must be able and willing to travel.
· The ability to retain a calm demeanor while under pressure from operational circumstances or demands of the client is essential.
· Necessary attributes are a positive attitude and an ability for working and communicating with persons of diverse cultural backgrounds and sensitivities.
· There are no specific educational requirements other than those that might be established by the hiring authority responsible for filling the position.
· The Coordinator should have two years of experience in an inspection company, and a knowledge of basic contract do's and don’ts.
Intertek offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market. We promote a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, 401(k) with company match, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran’s status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Auto req ID:
State or Province: