Washington University of St. Louis Maintenance Operations in St. Louis, Missouri
Schedule is 6 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Wednesday - Friday; 2 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Maintenance Operations. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
Perform those tasks which will maintain the campus physical facilities in order to support the teaching and research mission of the University including but not limited to:
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Pro-actively identifying, communicating and addressing needs without direction when appropriate.
- Respond to work orders and other requests in a timely, efficient, competent, knowledgeable and friendly manner.
- Maintain data per departmental policy.
- Utilizing materials, supplies, tools and other University property in a safe, productive manner.
- To perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate required, technical school training in maintenance related courses strongly preferred.
- 24 hour availability for emergencies and willingness to work overtime.
- A strong background with HVAC and Johnson Controls (or equivalent) expertise and/or training with commercial work, including substantial on- the-job experience.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively/appropriately with members of the campus community and other employees within Facilities.
- Understands the importance of satisfying the needs of the campus community (customer oriented) and providing value to the University.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Capable of doing extensive walking, climbing stairs/ladders, lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs. and other similar physical activity.
- Must be willing to provide one’s own hand tools.
- Must have a State of Missouri Class E or above driver’s license or the equivalent from another state prior to employment.
Capabilities/competency, plus multi-craft capabilities.
$28.41 per hour
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
10 vacation days
10 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Mechanic (HVAC) - Maintenance Operations - 36251
Job ID: 36251
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time