Ceva Logistics US Inc Freight Handler Forklift Operator I - Springfield Gardens, NY in Springfield Gardens, New York
CEVA Logistics, one of the world's leading supply chain companies, designs and implements industry leading solutions for large and medium-size national and multinational companies. Over 41,000 dedicated employees, working in 17 regional clusters around the globe, deliver operational excellence- to provide viable answers to the most challenging supply chain questions. We operate nationally throughout the U.S. with opportunities throughout the nation. Our North American headquarters are located in Houston, TX.
CEVA offers competitive incentive packages, exceptional benefits and an exceptional culture for career building. Start your career with CEVA and build on our Foundations: Unity, Growth and Excellence. CEVA people are passionate about supply chain management.
Manual loading and unloading of freight with the use of a pallet jack, hand truck or forklift, general labor, and warehouse maintenance. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in receiving cargo by removing cargo from truck by hand, or using manual equipment such as hand truck or pallet jack.
- May also use forklift.
- Verify and note the count and condition of cargo received.
- Accurately label freight to destination.
- Assist in segregating cargo received by account or intended location.
- Perform various manual labor functions such as hand-loading containers.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external customers at all times.
- Perform various warehouse maintenance tasks, including sweeping floors, storing equipment, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school education or GED preferred.
- Less than one year related experience.
Certifications and Licenses
- Forklift Driver Certification preferred.
- Valid state issued driver's license preferred.
Languages and Communication Skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to drive and/or operate heavy equipment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Responds promptly and professionally to customer needs.
- Read, comprehend and complete basic checklists, forms or other related documents.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Consistently at work and on time.
CEVA operates in a multicultural, global environment and is a richly diverse organization operating seamlessly as one company. We aim to attract, motivate and retain the best people in our industry, whatever their background. We share the same passion to deliver world-class solutions to our customers. We have the best supply chain professionals in the industry and develop this talent in an inspiring work environment.
CEVA Logistics is proud to be an equal opportunity work place and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.