Sierra Nevada Corporation Director, Total Rewards & HR Operations in Sparks, Nevada
At SNC our mission is to Dream, Innovate, Inspire and Empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. We are a family of companies that span the globe (and space!) and our team is determined to make the world a better and safer place.
This is a unique time and place to be a part of SNC, we are embarking upon a journey to transform our company; if you are a transformational leader and an out of the box thinker who is ready to bring new ideas and a fresh approach to how it is done - this is your place! We are seeking a Total Rewards & HR Operations leader who is dynamic and brings fun, a sense of purpose, a high sense of customer-focus, and the ability to deliver agility, innovation and scalability.
The Director is responsible for developing the strategic vision in partnership with the Vice President, Human Resources and the Leadership team to ensure that Total Rewards, HR Shared Services, HRIS, and Compliance programs align with SNC's strategic goals and business direction while supporting the organizations high performance culture. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to collaboratively work across the enterprise to design, implement and sustain programs to attract and retain the best and brightest talent with a competitive and impactful value proposition.
HRIS & Analytics
- Provide leadership, vision, and oversight of the HRIS system landscape to maximize the potential of the HR technology tools and support the goals and objectives of Human Resources and the SNC Enterprise.
- Proactively partner with HR Leadership Team and HR Centers of Excellence to understand strategic initiatives, identify opportunities and requirements to provide best in class solutions to support the HR function.
- Responsible for leading the assessment, development and implementation of analytics that drive company performance and effectiveness, and ensuring high levels of visibility and transparency through dashboards and other communication methods to the business.
- Lead the design, deployment and optimization of best in class employee facing applications, and delivering key employee life cycle processes with a focus on customer delivery.
- Lead and develop a consistent Workforce Planning and Labor Capacity Model to across the enterprise to institutionalize and generate key workforce planning analytics
- Partner with the Finance team to provide various accrual, forecasts and rates to support Total Rewards Programs.
- Serve as the HR lead on M&A due diligence and integration activities.
- Act as a change agent to promote and drive innovation and continual process improvements in effectively delivery and simplification of processes.
- Directly manage vendor relations with all Total Rewards and HR Operations vendors, including but not limited to monthly/quarterly meetings, strategic planning meetings, plan design and financial analysis and ensures appropriate change management is in place for all programs.
- Continue to build and enhance centralized HR shared services to support sustainability, effectiveness, and the HR Operating Model and Strategy.
- Ensure a customer centric shared service delivery model resulting in high levels of accuracy, process optimization and continuous improvement.
- Leverage metrics/analytics to continuously evaluate and identify HR process improvements and opportunities aligned with business and HR strategies and objectives.
- Oversight timekeeping processes to ensure compliance and support company needs.
- Lead process improvement initiatives through streamlining and automation including user interface.
- Assist with implementation of efficiencies through system/tool enhancements.
- Ensure timekeeping compliance procedures meet DCAA, FAR, and CAS requirements.
- Analyzes current programs to ensure the strategic alignment, market competitiveness, cost-effectiveness, and positive impact on SNC's recruitment and retention of top talent.
- Partner with senior leadership to ensure that all total rewards programs support the organization's strategic objectives, are competitive, cost effective and aligned with the company's performance/talent management processes
- Strategize new and better channels for communicating and marketing Total Rewards and wellness initiatives and programs.
- Direct the design and evolution of the company's broad based compensation programs including base salary, merit, annual incentive, long term incentive programs
- Provide subject matter expertise, consultation to HR Business Partners, senior leaders and Talent Acquisition regarding compensation issues, evaluation of new positions, job bands, grade levels, job descriptions, promotions and transfers
- In partnership with Finance and key stakeholders, build compensation processes and work flows for both ongoing and annual compensation events
- Ensure that SNC compensation and benefit plans comply with all laws and regulations (e.g. ERISA, Affordable Care Act), and that processes and controls are in place to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Seek to continuously improve link between pay and performance through program improvement and communication/education.
- Evolve and maintain job leveling/job architecture to deliver role-specific salary, bonus and equity ranges and more insight into career path/advancement.
- Ensure SNC's Total Reward Programs are in compliance with FAR and CAS requirements as well as recognized accounting requirements.
Policy & Compliance
- Ensure that SNC Labor Categories (used for Proposal Estimating) are compliant with the FAR & CAS requirements.
- Support a variety of compliance programs across the enterprise and ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Maintain legal and regulatory compliance as it relations to employment, HR process and data.
- Serve as DCAA HR Audit Lead for Human Resources functions.
- Oversight of updates to and administration of the Employee Handbook.
- Oversight of Organizational Charts Administration.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 10 years of progressive responsibility in Human resources, with at least 3 years successfully leading teams.
- Experience working for a Global Organization, must have experience working in Corporate HQ and supporting multiple locations.
- Deep experience in Compensation and HRIS and have the ability demonstrate record of introducing new technology in a large scale employee environment.
- Aerospace & Defense industry experience is highly desired, experience working for a government contractor is required.
- The ideal candidate will have exceptional analysis and communication skills, as well as effective management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, highly professional, diplomatic, demonstrated executive level presence, outstanding stewardship and relationship building skills.
- Well-rounded leader with a can do spirit; proactive, value add, innovator, problem solver, creates business partnerships and rapport.
- Blend of small/midsized firm and large firm experience, able to leverage limited resources to maximum benefit but also familiar with practices on a large-scale and rigors such as SOX and DOD Contractor compliance.
- Experienced project manager with the ability to initiate, guide, manage, and lead to successful conclusion major projects and initiatives.
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing business situations and circumstances.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and manage multi-projects and personnel in complex and matrixed organizations.
- Excellent level of attention to detail/thoroughness.
- Ability to effectively communicate executive level summary/templates in a succinct, efficient manner utilizing the 80/20 methodology.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel required.
- Note: Ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance may be required
eran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minority / Female / Disability / Vet