Eversource Energy Planner, Gas Operations (Southborough) in Southborough, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for planning and scheduling daily work assignments for the Construction, Maintenance and Meter Services departments. Planners will ensure that work is scheduled appropriately in order to meet both customer and compliance deadlines. Ensures that work plans and schedules facilitate timely and cost-effective completion of all capital workload including new business, compliance and mandated work, system reliability, and maintenance and construction.
2. Essential Functions:
- Works collaboratively across the Gas organization to achieve company’s strategies and goals.
- Builds and maintains daily and weekly work schedules for Construction, Maintenance and/or Meter services crews and personnel.
- Ensures that area resources are available to meet work demands.
- Responsible for scheduling all work in the order of priority that will ensure compliance deadlines and customer needs are fully met.
- Responsible for scheduling daily work assignments in a manner that optimizes crew productivity and minimizes overtime expenditures.
- Organizes and facilitates weekly planning meetings with Operating department personnel.
- Weekly communication of the work plan to Operating department personnel.
- Daily monitoring of actual work completed compared to the work plan.
- Preparation of the weekly/annual construction schedule utilizing scheduling software such as Primavera.
- Assists with district liaison activities with local and municipal officials. Resolves customer issues and concerns, as required.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Analytical problem solving skills, MS Office product skills. Knowledge of database systems and reporting tools. Demonstrated skill in workload planning and resource allocation. Knowledge of Gas Operations preferred.
Education : Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline or equivalent experience.
Leadership: Demonstrates competency and proficiency in oral and written communications: is customer driven; displays initiative; accepts responsibility; holds others accountable; participates in and facilitates team effectiveness; assumes the role of team leader; thinks and acts analytically; makes sound decisions to support the mission; applies knowledge and skill to solve problems and responds promptly, appropriately and constructively to employees.
Experience : Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience. Detailed knowledge of Gas Operations preferred.
Licenses & Certifications: None
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.