McDonald's Field Operations Business Consultant in South Bend, Indiana
McDonald’s is looking for a Field Operations Consultant for the Indianapolis region. The role consults with an assigned group of Owner/Operators to deliver QSC superiority and improved customer experience, in order to maximize sales, guest counts, and cash flow. A successful Consultant will consistently demonstrate McDonald's values and leadership behaviors to build positive business relationships with key stakeholders including Owner/Operators, Field Service Managers, Operations Managers/Area Supervisors, and Functional Partners for the primary goals of delivering a great customer experience. The role will report to a Field Service Manager.
This role is based in Nashville, TN or South Bend, IN area.
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
· Ability to communicate candidly and effectively (written and oral).
· Experience to build relationships at all levels of the Organization.
· Must comfortably handle multiple projects/issues with a high degree of complexity and be able to prioritize what makes the biggest impact to improving QSC, the customer experience and capturing potential demand.
· Aptitude to think critically to appropriately assess situations and make decisions and/or recommendations accordingly.
· Has a solid background in managing projects, time/calendar management, leveraging SME’s to enhance consulting, analyzing data to identify root causes, and action plan including follow up and recommending effective processes.
· 5 or more years of restaurant field operations experience at the supervisor level managing or consulting to multiple locations. Quick service/quick casual industry preferred.
· Business degree is preferred but not required.
Business Results (QSC/Sales/People/Profit)
· Conducts restaurant evaluations (i.e. ROIP) for assigned Owner/Operators including consulting with the Owner/Operators to develop agreed upon action plans to address restaurant system opportunities.
· Identifies priority Owner/Operators and restaurants based on Quality/Service/Cleanliness (QSC), customer facing metrics and demand potential.
· Consults collaboratively with each Owner/Operator to improve execution of restaurant systems and to deliver short and long term business results (QSC, customer facing metric and demand potential).
· Recommends and coordinates assistance from regional support staff and peer Owner/Operators to optimize business results when appropriate (e.g. construction, finance, real estate, training, HR, marketing, technology, and other subject matter experts).
· Uses all information available in the Consultant’s toolbox (e.g. FFS, Performance Matrix, SMG, observations, R2D2 analysis, questing, ROIP data, mini-market) to optimize restaurant potential.
· Proactively provides recommendations to Owner/Operators on how to leverage resources and opportunities to improve business results (e.g. new initiatives, upgrading equipment, new technology advantages)
· Provides feedback and support (e.g. Owner/Operator training, system information) to Owner/Operators to ensure Gold Standard Execution of Local Store Marketing (LSM) and national marketing initiatives across all restaurants in the Owner/Operator organization.
· Utilize consulting skills, critical thinking, franchisor resources and experience to diagnose root cause(s) for QSC opportunities and deliver appropriate recommendation(s) to resolve. Provide appropriate support (i.e. coaching, collaborative or resource referral) based on recommendations.
· Demonstrates knowledge of the National Franchising Standards and applies to hold Owner/Operator accountable to consistently meeting franchisor standards. Includes providing consulting support to Owner/Operator to cure and improve compliance.
· Demonstrates ability to assess restaurant and Owner/Operator performance based on observations, data analysis, and insights provided by Owner/Operator to provide feedback and recommendations to improve QSC and the customer experience. Ability to think critically and take action in critical situations.
· With Field Service Manager support, organizes and leads annual operator business planning process including follow up throughout the year.
· Offers feedback, based on quantitative and qualitative information, to provide current recommendations on growth and rewrite status to the Field Service Manager based on the 6 national franchising standards.
· Provide feedback and assists in the evaluation of assigned Owner/Operator candidates as needed.
Field Operations Business Consultant