USM, An EMCOR Company Service Operations Manager in Smyrna, Georgia
EMCOR Services/Aircond, is the largest commercial and industrial heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) service company in the Southeast. For more than 70 years, Aircond has designed and delivered comprehensive HVAC solutions to businesses seeking to enhance their productivity and efficiency. Guided by three generations of family leadership, today Aircond delivers a full spectrum of facility services to single and multi-site clients, from HVAC service to complete operations and maintenance solutions.
Service Operations Manager, Georgia and Alabama
Directs and coordinates department activities in service operations in Georgia and Alabama. Overall supervisory responsibility for District Service Managers in Georgia and Alabama as well as Service Dispatch in the Smyrna, GA office.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
- Assists the General Manager in developing the organization as related to policies, practices, and attainment of operating goals.
- Manages the operating activities of the Service Departments in Georgia and Alabama. Manages the administrative functions and associates of Dispatch in the Smyrna Office which includes coordination with the Carolinas service teams.
- Reviews contract renewals, incremental and new sales credit.
- Assigns, or delegates responsibility for, specified work or functional activities and disseminates policy to district service managers.
- Gives work directions, resolves problems, prepares schedules, and set deadlines to ensure timely completion of work. Estimates time, cost, and labor for services and or completion of job assignments. Assist Sales in estimate reviews.
- Coordinates with the Finance Department in ensuring that all required billing processes and policies are followed.
- Coordinates activities of department with related activities of other departments to ensure efficiency and economy. This includes assisting the collections manager with collections as needed and assisting billing with pricing and work ticket problems.
- Responds to customer issues by providing direction to subordinates or directly interfacing with the customer.
- Monitors and analyzes costs and prepares budget. Identifies needs and/or reductions as appropriate.
- Prepares reports and records on department activities.
- Evaluates current procedures and practices for accomplishing department objectives to develop and implement improved procedures and practices.
- Assist as appropriate in employee issues including hiring, promotions, discharges, and transfers.
- Coach and develop team members to ensure continued skill growth and to create a cohesive team. Attend department meetings including technician meetings.
- Interprets company policy to employees and supervisors. Enforces company policies and practices. Ensures safety is a priority and safe work practices are followed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with a minimum of five years operations management experience in a fast-paced service industry. Prior work experience in HVAC, or other construction/service related industry is desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities**
- Strong leadership, organizational and analytical skills to effectively manage daily operations of the department(s)
- Effective use of computer and associated programs, prior COINS TI knowledge is a plus
- Superior people management skills and experience in managing large groups
- Ability to provide clear guidance and direction to staff which lead to resolving difficult to solve technical and non-technical problems
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and work independently
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Proven relationship management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with customers and team members
- Ability to effectively delegate responsibilities and coordinate work
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to travel as needed
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled
Job Title: Service Operations Manager
Date Posted: 8/8/2017
Location: Smyrna, GA
Job Type: Full-Time Regular
Position Id: EB-2038679287