BlackRock Analyst – Production Operation Support Engineer in Singapore, Singapore
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At June 30, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $4.890 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares ®(exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions ®. As of June 30, 2016, the firm had approximately 12,700 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter:@blackrock_news| Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
What is Aladdin?
The Aladdin® product unites the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real time at every step in the investment process. Aladdin enables organizations to communicate better, work smarter, see clearer, and move faster in a changing landscape. Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making and create a connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide.
What is the Aladdin Product Group?
At the heart of BlackRock, the largest investment management firm in the world, is the Aladdin Product Group. Being a member of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry’s thought leaders to build innovative and forward looking products that shape the financial markets. The Aladdin Product Group creates next generation technology that changes the way information, people, and technology intersect for global investment firms. We build and package tools that manage trillions in assets, support millions of financial instruments and their risk calculations and process millions of financial transactions for thousands of users every day worldwide.
The Aladdin Product Group develops and supports every facet of BlackRock’s information system’s needs. Our global teams perform a wide variety of activities from maintaining system stability to growing the features and functionality of our state-of the-art trading and asset management platform, Aladdin. The breath of our responsibilities calls for a diverse range of expertise.
The Core Systems Operations (CSO) organization is part of the Aladdin Product Group at BlackRock. It is responsible for ensuring a fully stable, resilient, scalable, and cost efficient production environment across all our core investment systems.
The Production Operations Group is responsible for monitoring, supporting, and administering production environments for all BlackRock businesses (including subsidiaries and BlackRock Solutions clients) acting as a first responder relative to trouble-shooting, problem resolution, and escalation. The scope of responsibility covers business-critical batch workloads, real-time / interactive processing, data transfer services, application on-boarding and upgrades, and recovery procedures. The Group provides continuous (7x24x365) on-site and On-Call support from multiple locations around the globe. Additional responsibilities include developing more cost effective and predictable methods for supporting a growing technology infrastructure and working with internal Development Groups to manage application changes as they are released to production environments.
Collaborating with skilled professionals across the globe and managing a broad range of technologies and applications, the Production Operations Group delivers service quality and excellence through teamwork, innovating operational processes, and being part of the One BlackRock culture.
Job Purpose/ Responsibilities
The roles responsibility is to cover business-critical batch workloads, real-time / interactive processing, data transfer services, application on-boarding and upgrades, and recovery procedures. To be able to provide on-site and On-Call support to manage - follow the sun support model being followed by the team to provide 24*7*365 support. Additional responsibilities may include developing more cost effective and predictable methods for supporting a growing technology infrastructure and working with internal Development Groups to manage application changes as they are released to production environments.
• Problem Determination/Resolution: Supporting and troubleshooting both batch processing and interactive user applications to ensure the high availability of the Aladdin Environment
• Flexibility: Is able to handle multiple issues from multiple users and prioritize in terms of criticality, which to focus and resolve first. Also, being able to manage and cope with critical outage scenarios, whether planned (Disaster Recovery Tests) or unplanned.
• Communications: Engage in clear and concise communications both verbally and in writing. Effectively interacts on command bridges and calls to ensure all global team members are constantly informed.
• Project Management and Analysis: Ability to plan and execute projects working collaboratively with end users (which may include Development teams and business-side managers) is useful.
• Toolset Development: Create, maintain and enhance system tools and applications that make the team and our platform more efficient.
• Uses various tools (such as Microsoft Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint) to conduct analysis on system performance, root cause diagnostics, and systems’/applications’ design to understand and improve the operating quality of production environments
• A four-year degree specializing in Computer Science, Technology, MIS, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or similar.
• 2 years of experience in a technology role, not necessarily in financial services
• Strong Written and Verbal Skills
• Candidates must have a strong interest and aptitude for quickly learning new technologies and proprietary systems as required
Desirable Technical Skills:
Any combination of the below will be considered relevant:
• Programming/Scripting: experience in any of perl, Java, Python, shell, C
• Database: SQL or Database Administration exposure
• Operating Systems: An understanding of the Unix or Linux operating system
• Middleware Technologies: FIX, SWIFT & MQ administration or engineering
• Application Support: JBOSS, Apache, Weblogic, Squid, Informatica, Business Objects
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Job Function: Technology
Organization: APG-Core Platform
Title: Analyst – Production Operation Support Engineer
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-Singapore-Singapore
Requisition ID: 171251
Job Posting: Jun 29, 2017, 8:11:06 AM