Siemens Solutions Operations Manager - Building Automation HVAC Controls - Shoreview, MN in Shoreview, Minnesota
Solutions Operations Manager - Building Automation HVAC Controls - Shoreview, MN
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 212564
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Shoreview
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
· Manages the tactical activities in Field Solutions Operations supporting the Building Technologies Division of Siemens Minneapolis Branch.
· Directs the activities of specific customer sites.
· This position will be assigned a total order intake between $8-$15M. Position manages direct reports including Engineers, Project Managers and Supervisors.
· Supervises the activities and performance of all project management, design engineering, system installation and commissioning employees for installed work. Provides technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for installed projects, technical support programs.
· Plans, organizes, directs and controls all installation and engineering activities for assigned projects. Plan, organize, direct and control all building automation operations activities to assure profitable growth. Advise management on local operations planning including resource hiring, development and allocation, financial forecasting, monitoring and issue resolution planning.
· Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained and projects proceed according to plans, job specifications and cost estimates. Supervises engineering activities including submittal preparation, material ordering, shipping, labor plans, job site walks, job folder updates and re-estimates. Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned work. Provides monthly project estimates and assists in monthly forecasting. Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing project financial statements with engineers.
· Maintains and improves planned and booked margins for projects. Directs and supervises the development of project plans and the use of those plans in the monitoring and control of progress in the execution of the work. Reviews customer feedback and ensures retention of customers and growth goals.
· Develops manpower schedules and loading to ensure project compliance. Maintains timely communications and harmonious relationships between engineering, operations and sales so that project details, engineering or equipment changes, plan discrepancies or changes can be coordinated to minimize cost and delay throughout the estimating, bidding and operations phases of each project.
· Builds and maintains an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth. Manages or advises on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
· Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies, procedures and productivity tools. Maintain current knowledge of regulatory laws, changes and requirements and ensure compliance. Advise and implement industry/field best practices to improve products, applications and services.
· Represents Siemens in industry associations, professional organizations and affiliations and develops relationships with customer, contractors and community leaders
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.
· Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Associates degree in Business Administration, or equivalent work experience.
· 5-7 years hands on experience in the engineering and project management in commercial Building Automation/HVAC Controls.
· Previous experience supervising employees.
· Strong understanding of financial reports and ability to implement cost controls.
· Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills must be able to handle multiple tasks and duties effectively.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .