Land O' Lakes Credit Operations Manager in Shoreview, Minnesota
The Corporate division encompasses the core operational support for all Land O’Lakes businesses. It includes Corporate Strategy, Corporate Communications, Land O’Lakes Foundation and Community Relations, Finance, Law, Member Relations, Facilities, Event Strategy, Security, Human Resources, Information Technology, Corporate Marketing and Government Relations.
The Credit Operation Manager is responsible for two primary functions; Cash Application Management and Credit Operation Management.
Credit Operations Manager functions includes, but not limited to:
- Managing daily cash application to ensure accurate and prompt timely application of customer payments
- Managing daily work activity to meet performance metrics
- Identifying new business trends and determining course of action that should be taken, manage and administer some of the third-party systems used by Customer Financial Services (examples credit card processing, contact for third party credit agencies) and internal audits with includes SOX reporting and compliance.
- Participate in creation of policies identifying inefficiencies and implementing revenue opportunity changes in procedures as related to cash application and the overall credit function. Build solid working relationships within the team and all cross-function business units with diplomacy, and tact to gain alignment for continuous improvement. This position will be located at Shoreview and report to a manager in MO.
- High School diploma along with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in credit, accounting and finance.
Must be able to demonstrate strong software skills required. Competencies-Skills (Required):
Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point), effective interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written), and ability to work collaboratively on a team with solid critical thinking skills, strong organizational and prioritization skills.
Must be comfortable working with customers and heavy phone work.
4-year degree strongly desired.
- Prior experience in Credit, Accounting or finance strongly desired
Prior knowledge to JD Edwards ERP system would be beneficial and helpful for this position.
Strong verbal and good written communication skills required as this position will be communicating with other cross function teams and staff.
- The ability to manage multiple task at one time and demonstrate agility.
- Strong aptitude for financial matters.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the capacity to negotiate with all levels of employee.
- Have the ability to be a strong change management leader that can lead and embrace change.
*EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing. *
Primary Location: US-Minnesota-Shoreview
Job Function: Finance and Accounting
Job Type: Experienced
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting: Jun 7, 2017
Req ID: P-4300