Luitpold Pharmaceuticals Equipment Preparation Operator - 3 pm - 11:30 pm in Shirley, New York
The pay rate for this position also includes a 10% night shift differential.
Luitpold Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Luitpold Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a Daiichi Sankyo Group Company, is dedicated to the development and marketing of innovative, quality drugs and medical devices for healthcare professionals, clinics, and hospitals across the United States and Canada. We specialize in sterile injectables, bone regeneration materials for dental procedures, as well as innovative products for acute pain control and veterinary medicine use.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Disassembles, cashes and reassembles equipment according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Must maintain cleanliness within the Equipment Preparation areas.
- Record data onto charts, batch records and log books.
- Integrates the activities of the Equipment Preparation department with the Maintenance Engineering, Validation, Filling, Micro laboratory and Formulation departments.
- Perform duties required in the aseptic fill area according to SOP.
- Prepares, identifies and delivers equipment for autoclaving.
- Sterilizes filling equipment, filters, stoppers and components as required for filling product within the APA.
- Operate equipment autoclaves and perform required cycles according to the SOP.
- Performs housekeeping and other related responsibilities as requested by the Equipment Preparation Lead and Formulation Supervisor within the Equipment Preparation area.
- Perform the preparation and storage sanitizing alcohol (SOP 206.08).
- Notifies supervision of replacement equipment needs and potential problems.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of High School Diploma.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds frequently.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.