U.S. Army Material Command Operations Officer in Shaw AFB, South Carolina
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: The 408th Contracting Support Brigade supports all the contracting services for Area Support Group Kuwait, Area Support Group Qatar and multiple tenant units. The 408th is a team with a mix of military, Army civilians and support contractors. As a team located at Camp Arifjan and Camp As Sayliyah, they work closely with leadership on many issues affecting soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines and DoD civilians. This position provides an opportunity to join an organization of dedicated personnel who are working side-by-side as professionals committed to supporting the war fighter.
This position will be filled on a permanent basis.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
As an Operations Officer, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Serves as a Plans and Operations Officer for the United States Central Command (USCENTCOM)
- Serves as consultant/expert and point of contact for the Commander, subordinate units, and higher authorities regarding assigned responsibilities.
- Develop operational concepts and plans to expand or change future organization operations.
- Develop and manage the Operational Contract Support (OCS) and Contingency Contracting Policy.
- Ensure the development of policies and procedures to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Lead and coordinate the work efforts of a team to ensure efforts are properly directed in support of the warfighter.
- 25% or Greater
- Business travel is up to 25% of the time.
- Moving expenses may be authorized in accordance with the Joint Travel Regulations (JTR).
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Status Candidates and Veterans Recruitment
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
- This is an Emergency Essential position.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: assisting with developing operational concepts and plans for organization operations, contingency contracting policy and training and readiness exercises; preparing and presenting briefings on the organization operations for a theater environment; assisting with leading the work efforts of a team through assignments, projects, problem solving and program compliance; and assisting team members with goals, objectives and work plans (GS-12).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Oral Communication
- Planning and Evaluating
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-12). If you are a current, Federal employee, you must include your pay plan, series and grade in your work experience(s) on your resume submission and/or upload supporting documentation (within-grade increase SF50) to show that you meet time-in-grade requirements. In addition, if your step reflects, '00' you must include your current salary for each position.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone - no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click herefor expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This position requires you to satisfactorily complete an overseas deployment physical.
- This position requires you to travel within and potentially outside of country.
- This position requires you to possess/obtain and maintain a valid U.S. Passport and driver's license.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to successful completion of urinalysis testing, as required prior to appointment and periodically thereafter. This position also requires DA Form 5019 (Condition of Employment for Certain Positions Identified as Critical Under the Drug Abuse Testing Program) to be signed.
- This position has been designated as critical sensitive as defined in DoD 5200.2-R, and requires you to possess, or obtain and maintain for the duration of employment, a Top Secret Security Clearance.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 position
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- This position is Emergency Essential. You may be required as a condition of employment to take the series of anthrax vaccine immunizations to include annual boosters. May include other immunizations that may be required for this position/for a position you may fill as an emergency essential alternate. Failure to take immunizations may lead to your removal from position or separation from Federal service. Selection for assignments to this position will require annual physical examinations.
- Note: Key and Essential are not to be filled by persons with military recall status (one who is in status of a Ready Reserve, Standby Reserve or is military retiree subject to recall active duty).
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476010900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-08 to 2017-08-21
Salary: $85,816 to $111,560 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 13
Series: 0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: NCBG171790611591
Control number: 476010900