Tableau Software Vice President, Online Operations in Seattle, Washington
Vice President, Online Operations
Location(s): Seattle, WA
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. But don’t take our word for it—read what analysts like BARC and Gartner have to say about us. (Spoiler: You’ll find terms like “Leader” and “#1.”)
Tens of thousands of companies and organizations have chosen Tableau. From the executive suites of Fortune 500 companies to the jungles of Central America, from immunology research labs to high school robotics club meetings, our software can be found anywhere people have data and questions. Additionally, journalists, bloggers, and major media web sites have embraced our free product, Tableau Public, for its ability to help them share data online in the form of interactive visualizations. Check out all of our products at: www.tableau.com/product-tour at http://www.tableausoftware.com/product-tour .
Tableau’s culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world. Tableau offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
To learn more about Tableau’s mission, please visit: http://mission.tableau.com at http://mission.tableausoftware.com.
As the leader of our Online Operations team, you’ll be responsible for taking our operations of Self-Service to the next level. But more importantly, you will work cross-functionally to help us transform our business and operations to be centered around strong cloud-based products. You'll help instill a DevOps culture across the entire product team, driving more ownership back to the individual product teams for their components in production, and help us design more to support an entire suite of cloud-based applications in the data analysis space. You will have a unique opportunity to take our business to the next level and beyond.
The teams you will be responsible for are driving the operations, automation, monitoring, and deployment activities of our critical Software as a Service offerings, Tableau Public and Tableau Online, two industry-leading cloud applications for analyzing data and sharing insights.
Additionally, you will work cross-functionally as a member of our Development Executive team to instill a DevOps culture and mentality in the product teams, as we focus more and more on our own SaaS platforms, ultimately driving more ownership back to the product teams for their components in production.
You'll join a team of highly collaborative and passionate people on a mission to help people see and understand data, who are dedicated to building a fantastic company and workplace, and who are relentlessly focused on our customers and building amazing products. In this position you will report to the Chief Development Officer.
Primary Responsibilities (Essential Functions): *LI-JV1
· Ensure high uptime and reliability of Online and Public
· Ensure good capacity management, applying the right resources to the sites as they grow and workload changes.
· Establishment of KPIs and metrics that ensure a high bar for uptime, and provide deep visibility into the health of the sites.
· Architecture, development and delivery of Online-specific components, such as:
· Site migration tools
· Sign-in, provisioning, multi-tenant management, support tools
· Release automation platforms
· Multi-AZ, multi-region high availability
· Security and compliance, from threat monitoring to compliance with appropriate security standards (SSAE 16, ISAE 3402, etc.)
· Establish a scalable Site Reliability Engineering function, including integrated, automated monitoring and Self-healing
· Provide 24x7 monitoring and response processes
· Drive a culture change in partner product teams to adopt DevOps and improve operational excellence.
· Recruiting: Tableau hires company builders; employees are expected to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard, helping Tableau continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
· History of success in DevOps leadership roles, with demonstrated leadership in operational excellence in running SaaS offerings.
· Demonstrated ability in running and scaling all aspects of SaaS products, including: deep knowledge of infrastructure, global scaling, high availability, security, release practices
· Experience establishing and running Site Reliability Engineering teams.
· Experience establishing and running 24x7 support programs
· Strong staff management and organizational skills
· Strong influence skills at the senior leadership level
· Experience with cloud infrastructure platforms, particularly in the Amazon ecosystem.
· Strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful; self-starter who acts with initiative and is pro-active
· 10+ years of management experience
· 5+ years in a DevOps leadership/executive role