Amazon.com Senior Product Manager - Retail Operations & Initiatives in Seattle, Washington
Amazon.com's Retail Operations and Initiatives team is seeking a bright, articulate, detail-oriented and visionary Product Manager to join our team.
In this role, you will identify and drive improvements to resolve existing dissatisfiers and also predict and prevent future issues. You will deeply analyze current issues to define features and process improvements, drive projects end-to-end, collaborate with technical teams to implement solutions, and deeply analyze the results. You'll drive frequent experiments where there's an opportunity to learn but proceed cautiously when decisions have big implications and would be hard to change. You'll shape our strategy in a rapidly evolving environment. With stakeholders across the company, across retail, technology, and operations, you'll have frequent opportunities to influence significant decisions.
A successful candidate will be able to understand and manage key financial levers and technical concepts. He or she will have excellent product and program management skills, communication proficiency, and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should demonstrate a passion for working on behalf of customers, have a track record of timely delivery of large scale projects, and have the ability to operate independently. Maturity, judgment, negotiation skills, influence and leadership skills are all essential.
· Lead and develop a portfolio of products or features designed to advance Amazon’s already best-in-class customer experience.
· Own the long-term vision, strategy and roadmap for your product, maintain a deep competitive awareness and think big to identify global business opportunities worthy of investment.
· Partner with business and technology stakeholders and leaders across the organization to drive strategic initiatives through leadership and influence.
· Operate with significant autonomy to deliver results and achieve the goals and objectives of both your team and the broader organization.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, marketing, design or related field is required
· Professional experience in product management, financial analysis, and/or marketing with approximately 5+ years experience
· Proficiency with Excel or Access required.
· Travel required - 5-10%
· MBA with 1+ years post MBA experience
· Strong product and program management background, demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and have a well-rounded technical background.
· You are an influential leader with business, operations and technology knowledge, a tremendous customer focus, a first class problem solver, and inspirational team player.
· You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
You will identify and analyze data to determine root causes, develop business cases, test solutions and prioritize competing program opportunities.
AMZR Req ID: 555260
External Company URL: www.amazon.com