Amazon.com Senior Manager, Work Eligibility Operations - Americas/India in Seattle, Washington
Amazon’s growth continues unabated in 2017. To support both Americas and India business growth, HR Services must transform our services and tools to support Amazon at 10X everything. While some in our organization will work on new obligations, specifications and designs, we need expert general managers with strong people skills leading service operations in line with our tenets of frustration-free service, no latency, first-time right, fast, simple, customer-obsessed and user-led. They pride themselves on expertly operationalizing new or changed services and have a track record of flawless execution. They don’t rest on current performance but drive continuous improvement in every aspect of their services using people, tools and process. While they could lead a global service portfolio, they are energized and challenged most in a role where they lead and develop small groups of expert specialists directly and offshore delivery teams and supplier organizations indirectly. They deliver an increasing portfolio of accomplishments through a well developed, cohesive global leadership team that amplifies the vision and commitments they declare. They cultivate partnerships with service owners, COEs, HR Services support teams and legal to incorporate their perspectives operating the service and the associated interaction with customers. These Operations leaders work across multiple business groups and locations delivering a diverse collection of HR services to employees, managers and HR colleagues.
The Senior Manager, Work Eligibility Services – Americas / India position will lead Screening and Work Authorization delivery services supporting almost 3M projected 2017 new hires around the world. The HR Services team primarily receive work through as the first point of contact to commence service delivery. Most work is initiated by business processes or as the result of batch, workflow and internal review routines. Other work which often results from breakdowns in regular business processes or requested expedited processing comes in via ticketing. The various service designs utilize HRS delivery teams in Costa Rica and India in addition to working with other Amazon functional groups, especially Recruiting. These services also rely on significant processing by 3rd parties skill and accomplishments through other organizations is an unique requirement in this role. The joint objective is to provide a high quality, increasingly valuable service by focusing on defect elimination, improving cycle times, optimizing self-sufficiency and enhancing the employee experience. India, Costa Rica and Supplier influenced by this role include service delivery managers, process leads and processors/service agents.
Specific objectives for this manager include:
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Driving High Quality, Frustration Free, Effective Service Delivery: This position requires a general manager to lead the delivery of 10 to 15 screening and work authorization processes through other managers, process leaders and employees performing the work. They will have to ensure delivery to process specs and SOPs, and should breakdowns occur, dive deep into problems, take ownership for corrective action, suggest and implement approved process improvements. The individual should have a wide range of experiences and accomplishments successfully delivering a portfolio of services as intended with high quality, on-time delivery and a delighted customer base.
• Developing Team Capabilities: This position will work at an individual and team level to develop technical service delivery, operations management, process improvement and leadership skills, to meet current performance objectives but also develop a bench of specialists along with process and people leaders for expanded responsibilities.
• Reporting and Improving Key Performance Indicators: This position leads development of important process metrics for defects, waste, cost, cycle time and customer experience for screening and work authorization services, then reports performance including results of specific improvement objectives for all services under their responsibility, including delivery through offshore operations or suppliers. These indicators could roll up into higher-level service metrics or stand alone as part of a service level agreement with customers. They will track delivery against program objectives, lead internal improvement initiatives and encourage a culture of that meets Amazon’s high bar for quality, productivity and customer service.
• Building Partnerships: This position will work closely with HR Services support teams and other HR professionals, internal teams, suppliers and clients to deliver improved services and manage changes effectively.
• On- and Off-Board Business Processes: This position will partner with leadership teams across the organization to take on new services or process components serving existing or new locations and lines of business. Successfully run change projects. Contribute substantially to transition project planning and development. It is expected this role will also play a key role in moving current service designs incorporate machine learning and process automation for delivery.
• Evaluating New Proposals and Designs: This position will identify or partner on project opportunities that address service gaps, process inefficiencies, or quality issues as well as develop the business case for new initiatives or service opportunities. This position requires an individual who thrives on solving big problems and seizing new opportunities that require contemporary business skills and capabilities.
• 10+ years of HR or Finance service delivery experience
• 7+ years of experience managing managers and developing all direct reports
• 5+ years of experience in a customer service or shared services organizations
• Experience with high volume business process operations supporting 15,000+ employees
• Successful record of building and improving operational processes and procedures, ability to drive program efficiency and high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Demonstrated program ownership and consistent delivery on commitments - great organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail
• Strategic view, able to perform cost benefit analyses, accurately assess risk, forecast both long- and short-term outcomes, and evaluate the implications in a complex business environment
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to interface with all levels of the organization, specific strength in influencing decision makers as well as setting and managing expectations
• Bachelor's degree in business, HR or related field or equivalent additional job experience
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of program and project management in a high-volume HR operations environment supporting a geographically distributed employee populations.
• 10+ years of HR or related experience
• Increasing responsible experience managing employment obligations including background screening, work authorization or drug testing. Diverse experience in design, audit and delivery a plus.
• Accomplished leader of large direct and indirect employee operations teams. Talent then goes on to bigger jobs and the overall climate in their organizations is described with words like high performing, engaged work teams, positive employee relations.
• Successful record operating large, global service delivery groups using contemporary process/project tool kits
• Leadership effectively utilizing Lean Six Sigma programs to deliver results.
• Exceptional analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data and communicating data findings. Experience establishing and tracking program metrics including return on investment.
• Experience identifying and resolving issues independently - solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment
• Customer service orientation with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations - ability to serve multiple customers (employees, managers, HR)
• Responsible for cultivating a portfolio of customer relationships as the relationship or account manager. This could be in a direct sales or account management role or as a GM of a business unit.
• Graduate degree and/or MBA preferred
AMZR Req ID: 563069
External Company URL: www.amazon.com