Amazon.com Business Intelligence Engineer, Operations in Seattle, Washington
The Prime Now Operations team is seeking an exemplary Business Intelligence Engineer with broad technical skills to help build the infrastructure and tools required to support a new, fast growing business. The ideal candidate will draw upon advanced analytical, critical thinking, problem solving skills, software development experience, and a passion for creating maintainable, highly reliable, distributed systems which operate 24/7/365. You will work with analytic tools, can write excellent SQL scripts, can partner with customers to answer key business questions, and you are an advocate for your customers. Successful members of this team collaborate effectively with internal end-users, cross-functional software development teams, and technical support/sustaining engineering teams to solve problems, implement new solutions, and deliver successfully against high operational standards of system availability and reliability. We look for candidates who are excellent communicators, self-motivated, flexible, hardworking, and who like to have fun.
The complexity of research and skills for a Business Intelligence Engineer is well beyond basic data entry and research. It involves complex analysis and diving deep into key metrics based on requests, building and maintaining multiple databases, extensive knowledge of software applications to create tools, and understanding of multiple programming languages. The following provides some detail of the job duties and responsibilities.
• Manipulate/mine data from database tables (MySQL, SQL server, Oracle, Data Warehouse, FC log files)
• Ability to write script (ex. PERL) which would identify gaps in our processes and give the team the ability to solve these issues with your root cause analysis
• Develop websites using (RUBY, HTML, PHP, Java, AJAX) which would allow users throughout the FC including the leadership team the ability to graphically understand issues the team is seeing as well as action items to solve these issues
• Maintaining database up-time to include restarting of servers, etc.
• Providing analytical support not only for the facility to improve results
• Root cause research into identifying process breakdowns within departments and providing data through use of various skill sets to find solutions to breakdowns
• Analyze and report data findings and complete reports on building capacity, inventory control metrics, error reporting, and performance management control
BS degree in Computer Science and 5+ years of industry experience developing large scale distributed software systems or a MS degree with 1 year experience or 2 years related amazon experience.
Experience with any/all of the following preferred: Ruby, Perl, Oracle, SQL
Experience with OBIEE/other BI analytic tools
Proficiency with design patterns
Maniacal customer obsession and focus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
AMZR Req ID: 526274
External Company URL: www.amazon.com