Medtronic Lead Extrusion Operator, 2nd shift in Santa Rosa, California
Lead Extrusion Operator, 2nd shift
Santa Rosa, California, United States
Mar 29, 2017
Provide assistance to Medtronic’s Manufacturing Extrusion by supporting the processes, test equipment, manufacturing of extruded tubing and disassembling and reassembling of extruders. Perform various duties as directed by the supervisor and/or manager. As a Shared Technology Site, display a passion to drive continuous improvement throughout Santa Rosa Extrusion.
• Build/run extrusions to specified dimensions – Produce tubing acceptable per Medtronic’s standards and customer requirements.
• Learn new extrusion processes and technologies in a timely manner.
• Coach and teach operators/assemblers to resolve process problems.
• Read the build schedule and prioritizing accordingly using talent management.
• Qualified to GMP/GDP and quality systems – including Santa Rosa Extrusion’s specification boards, process instructions, SOPs, DOPs, etc.
• Communicate process issues and provide status updates to Engineers/Supervisor/Peers.
• Create and review paperwork and labels for extrusion runs. Able to accurately document and record extrusion process. Ensure there are no documentation mistakes.
• Perform on-line quality measurements and/or QS inspection to determine tubing disposition.
o Trained and proficient on applicable measurement and inspection requirements.
o Utilize visual standards to determine when tubing is acceptable.
o Set-up and operate the Ultrasonic inspection system to build single layer/level tubing.
• Lead 6S and utilize all lean tools including A3s.
• Qualified to perform machine breakdowns and set ups
• Tooling set-up
o Support the inspection of damaged pin and dies. Remove damaged tooling from inventory if necessary.
o Support Santa Rosa Extrusion’s inventory and equipment control system.
Last Updated: 9/1/2015
o Support the inspection of extruder parts for wear.
o Ensure the equipment is being handled properly at all times.
• Participate in EHS and Employee Engagement activities as required
• Maintain an expected level of attendance, Medtronic Traits, and teamwork
• High school diploma or GED.
• Extrusion and process troubleshooting.
• Machine breakdowns and set-ups
• 5+ year of medical device manufacturing experience preferred
• 5+ year of extrusion experience preferred
• 2+ years of college or trade school preferred
• Experience in training other operators/assemblers
• Good organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to communicate effectively with peers and supervisor
• Ability to resolve conflict
• Basic knowledge of computers
• Legible handwriting
• Ability to work with small components
• Ability to perform repetitive work
• Familiarity with manufacturing safety and ergonomics
• Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to direct the work of peers
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here:http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.