Cisco Regional Sales and Operations Planner for Service Provider Segment in San Jose, California
Regional Sales and Operations Planner for Service Provider Segment
Location: San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s) RTP
Area of Interest Supply Chain
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1212889
Regional Sales and Operations Manager
What You’ll Do
Optimizes Cisco performance and customer satisfaction through demand planning excellence and customer / partner collaboration, enabling sales opportunity, process simplification, supply chain flexibility and asset velocity.
You will enable our Global Service Provider Regional Planning by:
Leveraging the existing Operating Model as the single source of truth or “fulfillment engine construct” within functionally organized SCO, incorporating regional lens.
• Clearing house / prioritization for our regional needs with our OPT’s help. Translating sales demand to the core product engine for the Service Provider and translating core product supply availability in support of our operating plan
• Drive closure with Sales team on critical deal management or event based co-planning
• Sense needs of Region/Segment or Architecture. Exercise What-if / scenario planning and identify key customer impact & mitigation strategies
Developing front-end demand management capabilities: Closely work with Sales plan and forecasts and Proactive demand shaping – mix decision and E&O reduction
Execute to the functional engagement model within SCO to:
• Plan and achieve revenue goals
• Drive customer excellence
• Sense future business needs
• Plan tracking & financials
• Enable sales & customer wins
Who You’ll Work With
As a Regional Sales & Operations Manager you will drive Supply Chain alignment with Sales, Sales Finance and CPS, and ensure liaison with Supply Chain for planning shipment requirements to serve customer needs and the financial plan. In partnership with CPS, you will focus on predicting and orchestrating business and customer outcomes through Sales & Operations planning, co-planning and critical deal management and operational enablement.
Who You Are
You’re a trusted advisor who inspires confidence and action through communication and predictive insights. You build breakthrough partnerships and the relationships you build within Operations and Sales are deep and abiding. Your focus is creating value and outcomes and you know how to measure it. You leverage big data and analytics to generate actionable customer and business insights designed to drive action.
· At least 8 years of Supply chain experience (Cisco or Industry) in S&OP, end-to-end planning processes, sales engagement, customer co-planning, product life-cycle management, supply chain financials, and / or supply chain modeling experience.
· Strong analytical skills to assess, frame and drive data-driven decisions. Create models to analyze “what-if” scenarios for proactive planning purposes. Recognizes underlying themes and patterns and reduces complex data to a few key conclusions that can easily be understood by others.
· Understanding on drivers for the Supply Chain Balanced Scorecard and the Operating Plan framework and how supply chain decisions contribute to business performance and customer satisfaction. Understands and applies general business concepts and principles including profit and loss statements, cost-benefit analysis, and return on investment calculations to drive data-driven decisions. Able to create and use financial trend analyses and compares (quarter over quarter, year or year) to explain current performance in the context of the macro business situation, and use this insight to achieve future desired outcomes
· Broad understanding of Cisco’s Service Provider customers, markets and products knowledge & experience. Understands Cisco’s business models and macro business environment. Able to align internal processes with corporate objectives. Can effectively represent that understanding in meaningful ways to others.
· Provides thought leadership. Sees connections between supply chain actions and strategic business outcomes. Anticipates future threats and opportunities for our customers and businesses, and makes decisions based on global business conditions and strategies. Strategies are inclusive of data and intuition and encompass whole systems thinking.
· Basic knowledge of how business is transacted through Cisco’s systems and overall IT architecture. Understands and align business needs to the IT architecture and ensure they support effective execution of the business.
· As a cross functional leader without direct reports, ensures processes, systems and people operate in concert with each other. Capable of leading conversations to influence and drive better decisions with multiple stakeholders, often at the Director and VP levels.
· Confidently presents own position despite resistance or unfavorable reactions from others. Handles problems or conflicts with others openly and directly. Has the conviction to take risks, make decisions and escalate when needed to achieve desired business outcomes.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.