Cisco Project Manager, Business Operations in San Jose, California
Project Manager, Business Operations
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Project or Program Management
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1216565
What You'll Do
As an Operations Project Manager, you will :
● Provide program/project management and ensure operational readiness is achieved for new offers being enabled in the market
● Evaluate solutions in the light of operational impacts and influence solutions that enhance the quality of operational delivery and customer experience
● Solve challenging situations in definition/validation of end to end operational processes
● Forecast resource plans and budget needs for the various ops teams to scale to support the business
● Collaborate with Influence cross functional partner teams in solution execution design and process definition
● Proactively identify and manage Risks & Roadblocks effectively
● Produce Communication using media such as power point & email tailored to different audience (Stakeholders, Senior management, Team, X-functional partners)
● Provide direction and extract inputs from a team of specialized SMEs and paint an end to end picture of impacts
● Add positive impact to the organization by driving metrics metric analysis and deep dives to root cause and suggest corrective actions in case of issues/unfavorable deviations from target success criteria
● Collaborate with the various Program leads/members within the team to actively exchange information, decisions and conduct interlock sessions to ensure dependencies and overlaps are addressed
Who You'll Work With
Drive seamless integration and operationalization of cutting edge new business models and acquisitions in cloud, security and software areas whilst ensuring a consistent customer Partner experience. You will influence the execution design to ensure we are accelerating Cisco’s ability to go-to-market with the offerings while achieving operational simplification and standardization
Who You Are
Are you creative and passionate about implementing innovative solutions and business models that drive business success and solve real operational problems? Do you have an eye for the details as well as for the big picture? Are you passionate about transforming operations and take pride in exceeding Stakeholder expectations? Then, OLE (Offer Lifecycle Enablement) team offers an opportunity to bring that passion to an exciting role, leading and coordinating with different operations functions and business entities to get new offers out to the market.
● BA/BS in a technical or business related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
● Minimum 5 years of hands on Project/Program Management experience in a highly cross functional environment
● Have a thorough understanding of Business fundamentals and proven experience of leading cross functional initiatives
● Be high energy, highly motivated, and a go-getter
● Possess an ability to work with multiple leadership styles, and be effective in ambiguous and unstructured situations
● Work independently and be a quick learner, able to move fast and adapt to changing pace
● Possess Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills
● Understanding of Cisco’s Business Processes, Functional & Operations Processes
● Proficiency in using productivity tools, MS – suite of products
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.