HDR Operations Startup & Commissioning Manager in San Jose, California
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our'About Us'video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is looking for an energetic, hard working problem solver to become a full time Operations Startup & Commissioning Manager to work on both industrial and municipal water and wastewater treatment facilities. This individual will:
- Manage operations and maintenance projects with both industrial and municipal clients. It will involve client interfacing, regulatory reporting, as well as personnel, subcontractor, and maintenance management.
- Perform startup and commissioning of new water and wastewater facilities. This work involves working alongside contractors and engineers to commission equipment and startup new treatment processes in many industries.
Perform operational troubleshooting and evaluations on industrial and municipal water and wastewater facilities.
Work will involve a base of projects in the California area, but will also include projects in several sites across the United States. It provides the opportunity to work on a variety of new and innovative projects, and provides a career path that has more growth than typical utility organizations.
This job may require 30 to 40% travel. Weekend travel is normally not required.
Due to the requirements of this job, HDR pays above market rates for the position.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum State of California Grade 3 wastewater and/or T 3 water operator licenses. Grade 4 or 5 wastewater operator license preferred.
- Field experience in troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation equipment at treatment facilities.
- Field experience in resolving water and wastewater treatment process problems.
- Ability to interpret engineering plans and specifications.
- Microsoft Office product and computerized maintenance and management systems experience required.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
Valid driver’s license.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Job: *Water Treatment
Title: Operations Startup & Commissioning Manager
Location: California-San Jose
Requisition ID: 142776
Other Locations: United States-California-Los Angeles, United States-California-San Francisco, United States-California-Walnut Creek, United States-California-Folsom, United States-California-San Diego, United States-California-Irvine, United States-California-Sacramento, United States-Colorado-Englewood