Northrop Grumman Computer Operations Analyst 2 in San Diego, California
Computer Operations Analyst 2
Requisition ID: 17021771
Location(s): United States-California-San Diego
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems seeks a Computer Operations Analyst 2 to work with our Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) team which is an operating unit within the Communications division located at the Rancho Carmel facility in San Diego, California.
Our expertise is in delivering complex equipment to enable modern battlefields and support aviation missions. Our focus is on the world of avionics, radio and electronic warfare product applications to enable networked communications. As part of the corporation’s business focus area on Communications, we are the “equipment providers.” Our team of communication systems experts is developing next-generation ground radios for land forces, and our Electronic Warfare subject matter experts are creating the next generation of Improvised Explosive Device (IED) countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm’s way.
The Computer Operations Analyst will be responsible overall Test Software Maintenance, Troubleshooting and Diagnostics Tools Development for the JSF, F22, and JCREW program. Specific tasks include, but is not limited to the following: Maintenance and control of software and hardware change implementations and coordinated changes with applicable engineering personnel to ensure proper utilization of CPU resources, channel I/O completion, peripheral devices, and network environments. Provides network, computer and equipment problem resolution support to improve customer satisfaction in reliability, availability, and cost of service. In addition, Analyzes, documents and reports computer processing abends and problems, determines cause, assesses alternative solutions, implements corrective action and monitors to avoid recurrence. Develops, coordinates and maintains department operating procedures with respective corrective actions and systems to ensure effective problem-solving operations and in order to quickly mitigate problems and concerns.
Candidate must be a self- starter, detail-oriented, driven, team individual willing to hit the ground running in an ever-changing production environment. And he/she will also interface with senior technical leadership, business management, production control, and production supervisors.
Additional qualifications include: previous experience on development or production programs is desired; an IT security background is a plus but not a requirement, ability to write basis of estimate for Special Test Equipment upgrades, and OS migrations.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related STEM or IT field with two (2) or more years of experience working knowledge IT environments.
• Knowledge of industry practices and independently demonstrates the skill and ability to manage and perform required tasks.
• Some Experience working with Special Test Equipment (STE), upgrades to WIN 7/WIN 10 and troubleshooting equipment.
• Develops technical innovative solutions to a variety of complex problems as it pertains to keeping production STE online with minimal downtime impacts.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical, Electro Mechanical Engineering or STEM related technical or science curriculum.
• Extensive experience managing and providing maintenance to production intensive IT networks.
• A background in IT security is a plus but not a requirement.
• Active Secret Clearance to start with ability to meet and adhere to requirements for, in order to attain, Program Special Access.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Computer Operations Analyst 2
Location: California-San Diego
Requisition ID: 17021771