USAA Executive Operational Planning Manager in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
The person in this role will be a highly creative, detail oriented team player on a fast-paced, dynamic team. Ability to influence across lines of business and change tactics midstream will be critical.
Reporting directly to a senior EMG direct report to an Executive Council member, is responsible for providing support to the senior-most Company/Staff Agency (CoSA) leaders through the interpretation of business operations and/or Centers of Excellence (CoE) analyses and initiatives, and the development of appropriate action plans and responses to address business issues and / or compliance and regulatory issues. Assists in the development and implementation of strategic and operational plans to achieve success within key results areas. Acts as liaison between business operations (both within and across CoSAs), enterprise CoEs and the CoSA staff member. Responsible for ensuring appropriate leaders, tools, and measures are in place to establish and sustain best-in-class performance. This is typically a single incumbent position.; exceptions must be validated with Compensation prior to usage.
We are currently seeking talented Executive Operational Planning Manager for our San Antonio, TX facility.
- Facilitates strategic and operational planning and implementation processes to assure that management is knowledgeable of process, goals, objectives and strategies. Monitors, coordinates, documents, and communicates progress toward achievement of business goals, objectives, strategies and action plan results.
- Defines and sets objectives and content of messages to be communicated in concert with EC member's guidance, corporate mission and objectives, and objectives of employee, member, and public communications. Evaluates relevance of messages for intended audience and ensures consistency and accuracy.
- Provides advice and guidance, and negotiates approval of communication materials with executive management and subject-matter experts prior to securing final approval from the EC member. Ensures communications meet established standards of appearance and content and that all logistical requirements are satisfied.
- Provides communications support to senior leadership for Board, strategic or operational planning events, monthly business meetings, and / or compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Supports and advises management through research and analysis of internal/external business data including industry best practices and competitive information. Responsible for coordination of all EC and Board driven requirements.
- Provides oversight and support to project teams in development and implementation of employee CoSA events and business conferences.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; 8+ years relevant business or industry experience
- 2+ years experience as a leader of a matrixed team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite to include: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Previous experience managing multiple priorities and projects in a deadline driven, highly matrixed environment
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, analytical, organizational, grammar and verbal communication skills
- Experience communicating with senior leadership and the ability to act and smoothly navigate within a constantly changing plan.
- Ability to take large quantities of data and effectively communicate it for decision making services, with 2+ years experience building effective presentations
- Strong relationship building skills with the proven track record of influencing objectives.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to represent work in multiple forms
- Experience in marketing, sales, product or project management supporting financial services.
- Knowledge of the relation between Web, social media and print communications
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive for results with minimal oversight
- Demonstrated experience in deconflicting urgent priorities
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 8/16/17 by 11:59 pm CST time.
IMPORTANT: External Applicants – When filling out your name and other personal information below, DO NOT use any special characters or ALL CAPS. Use only standard letters in the English alphabet. Including special characters or all uppercase letters will cause errors in your application.
Executive Operational Planning Manager TX-San Antonio R0011523