Teva Pharmaceuticals Process Operator I in Salt Lake City, Utah
Under close supervision, performs a variety of processing duties according to batch record and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) in the manufacturing department including, but not limited to, weighing, granulation, compression, blending, encapsulation and coating. This is an entry-level position to the Process Operator class series.
Multiple shifts available on days, nights and weekends.
Essential Job Functions: This is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
• Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
• Reports process or equipment problems to supervisor; performs minor or basic troubleshooting.
• Ensures batch records, equipment log books, and other relevant records are current; performs batch record reconciliation.
• Sets-up and operates equipment for processing operations.
• Cleans and maintains processing rooms and equipment.
• Monitors process and equipment and makes necessary adjustments to maintain batch record specifications.
• Monitors product quality.
• Follows established department SOP’s and batch record instructions.
• Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills :
• Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), DEA and other regulatory requirements.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• SOP’s, cGMP’s, equipment and safety practices.
• Proper English grammar and punctuation.
• Standard Operating Procedures for process rooms and manufacturing area.
• GMP compliance in a regulated work environment.
• Manufacturing processes and equipment procedures.
• Record keeping skills.
• Basic math skills.
• Different units of measurement (i.e., weight, size, volume).
• Implementing goals, objectives and practices for effective, efficient and cost effective use of allocated resources.
• Reading, writing and speaking English.
• Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Complying with all Company policies and procedures.
• Complying with all Company safety rules and regulations.
• Working independently as well as in a team environment.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions : Incumbents in this class are subject to regular and/or routine periods of sitting, standing, walking, stooping, and climbing, visual acuity to monitor and/or read, communicating orally with Company management, peers and co-workers, and occasional periods of moving or lifting a minimum of 35 pounds. Work is performed in a manufacturing environment with noise levels varying from moderate to loud depending upon machinery usage. Work performed may require the use of a respirator and incumbents may be subject to a Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) to determine eligibility for fit-testing.
Minimum Qualifications : High School diploma or equivalent and prefer one (1) year of work experience in a manufacturing environment.
Requisition # 17-19353
# Positions 1
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City
Experience (Years) 1
Category Operations - Operations Management
Teva Pharmaceuticals is committed to equal opportunity in employment. It is Teva's policy that equal employment opportunity be provided without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, military status or status as a disabled or protected veteran, or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws.