Hearst Television Operations Technician in Sacramento, California
KCRA has an opening for a part-time Operations Technician. The Operations Technician maintains the technical integrity of the station’s on-air signals and its equipment from acquisition to distribution. The Operations Technician will be responsible to communicate effectively with the production department, as this is integral for a smooth outcome of newscasts. This position supports all station efforts in-house and on remote location.
- Operate robotic cameras and studio floor directing.
- Moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions (this could mean assisting in moving heavy equipment).
- Maintain appearance of studios including cleaning of set and floors.
- Maintain and understand lighting grid and control board with knowledge to maintain proper programming. Ability to climb ladders to change light bulbs and adjust fixtures as needed.
- Dress microphones and IFBs for all on camera appearances.
- Basic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current Internet technology including downloading of materials for promos and commercial client spots.
- Assist with promotional effort at station-sponsored community events as assigned.
- Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including camera control, audio and TD).
- Non-linear editing as needed for TV News-Creative Services Productions.
- Other duties as assigned by the TV Operations Manager.
- Must have a solid background in broadcast television systems, transmission, and satellite communications.
- College Degree preferred but not required or equivalent work experience.
Job ID: 2317
Position Type: Part-Time
Job Category: Technical
Location: Sacramento, CA US
Station Name: KCRA/KQCA-TV