Planned Systems International, Inc. QA Technical Operations Lead in Roseville, California
The CalWIN System is an on-line, real time update, automated eligibility determination, benefit calculation and issuance, and management system. The CalWIN System helps provide clients with benefits in a timely manner, assesses employability, provides automated correspondence, and provides the Counties’ managers a tool to increase productivity and efficiency, reduce payment errors, and reduce the overall cost of program administration. CalWIN has automated interfaces with State and County Systems. The CalWIN system supports California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs), Medi-Cal, Foster Care, Adoption Assistance Program (AAP), Kinship Guardianship Assistance Payment Program (KinGAP), CalFresh, Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA), County Medical Services Program (CMSP), General Assistance/General Recovery (GA/GR), Cal-Learn, Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI), Welfare to Work (WTW), Food Stamps Employment and Training (FSET), and County specific employment services required by the programs. The CalWIN System will also include all components and functionality of the new Business Intelligence and Business Rules Engine projects.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
The QA Technical Lead will provide technical support and advice to WCDS and Counties. Essential functions of this position will include, but not be limited to:
- Coordinating project-wide technical initiatives, especially those requiring County coordination such as firewall changes or County equipment replacement;
- Leading the County technical SMEs periodic meetings;
- Verifying and validating configuration change requests (CCRs) for system settings;
- Reviewing direct SQL overrides of normal system activity (i.e. for mass update of records or addressing incorrect actions that occurred as a result of a system defect);
- Providing technical support for review of the CalWIN Systems and M&O; Vendor responsibilities;
- Ensuring adherence to the processes and procedures documented in the project plans;
- Identifying, recording and escalating risks and issues as appropriate, and making recommendations for issue resolution/escalation tracking;
- Oversight and responsibility to monitor the overall success of the CalWIN technical solution;
- Oversight of general systems including hardware, software, operating system, configuration management, data communications, networks, and applications to ensure adherence to requirements;
- Validation of system sizing and performance metrics and assumptions;
- Tracking of industry changes in technology and their effect on CalWIN;
- Status reporting to the QA Vendor Project Manager and WCDS Management;
- Oversight of all aspects of CalWIN System Security;
- Responsible for the review of all application software releases involving software or configuration changes;
- Ensure adherence to requirements for all application version releases;
- Enforce database standards and procedures;
- Update management on deviations from requirements;
- Communication and cooperation with WCDS Project Team, the Counties and M&O; Vendor;
- Recommendations for potential upgrades to ensure performance remains within Service Level Agreements;
- Oversight of systems management techniques, performance monitoring, availability and capacity planning.
- 2 years’ experience providing technical support in a lead role
- 1 years’ experience with the CalWIN Systems or other eligibility systems
- 2 years’ in-depth experience of technical architecture infrastructure areas within an eligibility system such as system interoperability and interfaces
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including: Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans. NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.