Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Inc. Operator 1 in Rochester, New York
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (Ortho) is a global leader of in vitro diagnostics. Ortho serves two primary industries in the medical field: clinical laboratories, by producing platforms and assays that test for a variety of diseases, conditions, and substances; and immunohematology, by providing the means to ensure blood transfusion recipients receive appropriate and compatible blood.
With a history of more than 75 years, Ortho is a pioneer in life-impacting advances in diagnostics. Worldwide across hospitals, hospital networks, blood banks and labs, Ortho’s high-quality products and services enable health care professionals to make better-informed treatment decisions. Headquartered in Raritan, NJ, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics has approximately 4,300 employees serving customers in more than 120 countries.
Ortho is recruiting and retaining the best and brightest around the world. People, who are performance driven, want to make a difference and who help Ortho grow their leadership position in a changing marketplace. The power to reimagine starts with empowered people, who are empowered to grow and given the chance to succeed in ways they hadn’t thought possible before.
Ortho’s purpose is simple: to improve and save lives with diagnostics. They do that by reimagining what’s possible. It’s what defines them. It’s the Ortho difference.
Ortho is an independent company, sponsored by the Caryle Group, one of the world’s largest and most successful investment firms. The company's executive leadership team has extensive diagnostic experience and a strong heritage of driving market change and innovation. Ortho is a strong brand with solid positions in attractive, growing segments and regions.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
As the company grows, we are seeking a Fluids Manufacturing Operator to perform operations as described by SOPs under Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). You will prepare sets-up and assemble components needed for production. You will also visually inspect products and components for defects. And, you will operate and troubleshoot all labeling and packaging equipment, operate filling equipment in a clean room environment and strictly follow all regulations and requirements including cGMP's, OSHA, and Universal Precautions.
You will be responsible for accurate and timely completion of product batch records, including mathematical calculations and reconciliation. You will also use a computer based documentation system to find, view, print specifications, procedures and control production inventory. And, you will dispose of scrap/rejected material in appropriate manner and according to safety regulations. This position is located in Rochester, NY.
• Clean and sanitize equipment, follow safety procedures and practices and maintain a clean orderly work environment.
• Disposes of hazardous materials appropriately, operates machinery and interacts with computer controlled equipment and processes.
• Conduct basic quality inspection of work in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
• Take samples and performs tests during processes according to standard procedures.
• Participate in projects focused on process development and/or improvement, cost controls and new product manufacturing.
• Ability to work in a team environment. This position will be based in Rochester, NY.
High School Diploma or GED is required (Associates Degree is preferred).
• Requires a minimum of six months experience in operations/manufacturing environment (prefer a regulated industry).
• Requires High school math skills to perform calculations using the metric system.
• Requires ability to read and write in English.
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing; demonstrate a sense of urgency to complete production schedule on time; accept personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work is required.
• Must have basic computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, outlook). Experience with quality information systems is preferred
• Knowledge and experience with GMP/ISO regulations is preferred.
• Visual Acuity Inspection experience is preferred.
• Aseptic processing experience is preferred.
• Strong mechanical aptitude, troubleshooting of equipment is preferred.
• Physical work condition demands for the position include standing and the use of a face mask in clean room environment for long periods of time, some lifting not to exceed 50 pounds.
• Manual dexterity for manipulating product and repetitive motions is required.
• Ability to work varying or straight 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts required. This position is being filled for an A/B shift rotation. Ability to work overtime hours, when necessary, required.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals so that an individual can perform their job related duties. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and require special assistance or an accommodation to apply due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your privacy is important to us. By continuing to use our site to apply to this position, you agree to our , which outlines our privacy policies on information collected during the hiring process.
"At Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, we are proud of the empowering, inclusive and innovative culture we are growing. Our team is passionate about our work, and brings deep knowledge, industry experience and diverse thinking that drive results, making Ortho a place to grow your career.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law."