Arch Chemicals Inc Chemical Operator Tier 5-1 in Rochester, New York
At Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R& D, and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia.
We strive to be the leading supplier using science and technology to improve the quality of life.
We work with passion, using advanced technologies, to transform life science into new possibilities for our customers.
Do you want to help us as we shape the future of this great organization?
Job Description SummaryPerform chemical operation tasks such as blending, extracting, drying, distillations, effecting size reductions. May operate complete unit processes involving one or more unit operations.
- Responsible for supporting the administration of Lonzas philosophy, "the Vision is Zero in his/her job routine.
- Supports our "Product Stewardship" initiative to ensure the health, safety and environmental performance of our products throughout the products life cycle.
- Must acquire a working knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and current ISO requirements.
- May handle some hazardous chemicals and hazardous waste during the normal operation of this position.
- Reports an process or equipment problems he/she cannot resolve to shift supervisor.
- Trains, Certifies to, and Operates the U2 Packout, Proxel, and ZOE Processes
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lonza. The place to Go, Stay and Grow.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO