City of Richmond - Utilities Equipment Operator II in Richmond, Virginia
The purpose of the class is to utilize complex and/or heavy motor equipment, machinery and vehicles for specific or general applications. This class is responsible for the routine maintenance procedures, safe and effective operating of heavy equipment to include loading and or storage of the equipment as needed. The training and supervision may be exercised over semi-skilled worker and unskilled workers. The class works according to set procedures under direct supervision.
Supervision: *Exercised:Classification typically does not supervise. * Received:*Incumbent reporting relationship is based on department. * Note:**Other reporting relationships may apply
Example of Duties:
The Department of Parks Recreation & Community Facilities is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Equipment Operator II, Cemeteries Division.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Using a backhoe to open and close grave sites and navigate headstones;
- Loading vaults onto trucks for transport to grave sites;
- Moving monuments using the backhoe with hoist & straps;
- Taking funeral orders and researching records as assigned in the absence of the Labor Crew Chief or Cemetery Administrator;
- Preparing for funerals by setting up tents, chairs, artificial grass, lowering device and additional supplemental equipment as needed;
- Mowing the grass using a farm tractor with mowing deck and riding mowers;
- Using a weed eater when assigned to do so;
- Operating trucks with snow plows;
- Maintaining equipment records and reports;
- Performing miscellaneous grounds maintenance task as assigned.
*_This position is essential to operations and required to work in accordance with the City of Richmond's Emergencies And Closings policy._*
Qualifications, Special Certifications and Licenses:
- Graduation from high school or GED;
- Requires two years of experience at the equipment operator I level and successfully completed training on three pieces of equipment at the equipment operator II level;
- An equivalent combination of training and experience (as approved by the department) may be used to meet the minimum qualifications of the classification;
Requires a commercial driving license with proper endorsements in accordance with Division of Motor Vehicle regulations. Preferred Qualifications
Experienced in providing excellent customer service as well as have
- Knowledge of cemetery grounds maintenance and funeral protocol
- Experience using a backhoe, dump truck, riding mower, chain saw and a weed eater.
Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements:
PHYSICAL AND DEXTERITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Physical and dexterity refers to the requirement for physical exertion and coordination of limb and body movement.
Requires medium work that involves walking, standing, stooping, jumping, stretching, or lifting all of the time; exerting between 20 and 50 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis; and exceptional skill, adeptness, and speed in the use of fingers, hands, or limbs in tasks involving very close tolerances or limits of accuracy. ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS:
Environmental hazards refer to the job conditions that may lead to injury or health hazards even though precautions have been taken.
The job may risk exposure to extreme heat and/or cold, bright/dim light, dusts and pollen, wet or humid conditions, extreme noise levels, vibration, fumes and/or noxious odors, traffic, moving machinery, electric shock, animals/wildlife, and disease/pathogens. SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sensory ability refers to hearing, sight, touch, taste, and smell required by the job.
The job requires normal visual acuity, depth perception, and field of vision, hearing, speaking and sense of smell. ADA COMPLIANCE:
The City of Richmond, Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the City to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
Job Title: Equipment Operator II
Closing Date/Time: Sun. 08/27/17 11:59 PM Eastern Time
Salary: $12.40 - $20.09 Hourly $991.73 - $1,607.54 Biweekly $25,785.00 - $41,796.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: 1209 Admiral Street, Virginia
Department: Parks, Recreation & Community Facilities