Columbia Sportswear Company Retail Sales/Operations Manager - Richmond, CA - MHW Employee Store in Richmond, California
Retail Sales/Operations Manager - Richmond, CA - MHW Employee Store
United States, California, Richmond
100003C0 Requisition #
Jul 24, 2017 Post Date
The Sales Operations Manager is a key member of the Store Leadership Team who supports the company mission "We Connect Active People With Their Passions".
The Sales Operations Manager (SOM) is responsible for creating and executing plans approved by the Store Managerto drive division results and continual store improvement. The SOM helps the Store Manager maintain profitability by assisting in P & L review, purchasing decisions and expenditures, and controlling costs.
The SOM manages the day to day activities of the store to deliver an efficient, profitable, and customer-oriented operation. The SOM interacts directly with all staff at the store as well as customers. The SOM directs corporate communication, outreach inquiries,and business partnering to the Store Manager.
- Ensure store sales goals are achieved through providing leadership, training & direction in the areas of sales behavior, customer service, product knowledge, and store communications.
- Demonstrate leadership, coaching and listening skills by ensuring quality service among employees through training and coaching.
- Identify store hiring needs and conduct interviewing, hiring, training, review and disciplinary action. Conduct and plan employee training & development.
- Manages 5-10+ Sales and/or Stock Associates.
- Provide leadership, direction and coaching to the Freight and Floor Supervisors.
Ensure the store is in compliance in the areas of:
Loss Prevention - annual store shrink is below goal.
- Ensure that inventory levels are accurate
- Audit processes
- Daily store procedures and operations
- Sales tracking
- Company policy and communications
Payroll Budget and scheduling
Perform opening and closing procedures.
- Complete all recordkeeping associated with applicants, new hires, payroll, performance appraisals, salary reviews, counseling, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Identify and create plans for approval by the Store Manager to enhance employee productivity and performance. Track employee results and make suggestions for modifying goals accordingly.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service and problem solving skills by assisting customers in regards to product, features, benefits, availability, and resolving escalated complaints.
- Act as the Store Manager in that person's absence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of management experience.
- 3-5 years of retail store management or supervisory experience is required.
- Candidates with store management volume experience in excess of $10mil strongly preferred.
- Strong selling techniques and experience providing high levels of customer service.
- Must possess strong business acumen and thorough knowledge of retail management practices. This includes but is not limited to personnel scheduling, payroll budgeting, sales forecasting, inventory control and warehouse operations.
- Excellent time management and problem solving abilities as well as the ability to use good judgment and make strong independent decisions.
- Skills in operating personal computers, POS systems and various software packages including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Effective retail math experience/aptitude/ability required (this is what all the other ones said)
- Job may require hours that often exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during peak periods.
- Available to work typical retail store schedule – Sunday to Saturday, nights and weekends, peak season spikes.
- Physical requirements include the ability to use telephone, computerized cash register; perform repetitive movements of the arms and shoulders, stand for extended periods of time, move freely around store, bend, twist, reach, squat, climb a ladder occasionally and regularly lift/carry up to 40 pounds.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age