Vencore IT Operations Analyst Senior Technical Specialist in Reston, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Provides technical expertise in the design and development of IT operation environments. Develops strategy of the client/server system and the design architecture to support strategy. Researches new technology and advises on purchases for the client in regard to processing, data storage, data access, and applications development. Develops strategies for conducting studies to estimate the space, computer hardware, software and connection infrastructure resources required on a short and long term basis. Develops models of the computer and computer application environment, identifies and resolves computer operations systems performance problems. Measures system usage by workload type, identifying trends and estimating further resource requirements. May be assigned responsibility for the management of the IT operations function, including associated staff.
Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
In support of the Intelligence Community Desktop Environment (IC DTE) Joint Program Management Office (JPMO), the Operations and Sustainment experts shall support/perform at least the following:
- Collaborate with team members and end users and other customers in the testing of new software programs and applications
- Collaborate with customers to ensure that any software integration for IC DTE meets the functional requirements, system compliance and other specifications.
- Review and provide comments to the government on the efficiency of IC DTE capabilities
- Collaborate with the implementing ICCs to review and comment on their training plan for the delivered IC DTE capabilities
- Review and update Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Service Level objectives (SLO)
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated understanding of the IC
- Demonstrated knowledge of training plans, software integration, and Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Customer-service and goal oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member under tight deadlines with changing priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tool suite
- Knowledge and experience within IC DTE, other Intelligence Community, or DoD Information Technology Enterprise (IC ITE) providers
Job ID 2017-46330
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time