NV Employer Production Operator in Reno, Nevada
POSITION: Production Operator in the manufacturing industry.
TYPE: Full time regular; 6:30am-6:45pm or 6:30pm-6:45am (Shift rotates monthly).
SALARY: $17.51 per hour, plus benefits.
LOCATION: Reno, NV ---
To apply for this position you must visit a Nevada JobConnect office for a referral, and please bring a current resume. Please be prepared as you will be asked to complete the company's online application. ---
The Employer is seeking full time employees in a 24/7/365 polyethylene pipe manufacturing extrusion operation, producing high quality polyethylene products. Wages are paid bi-weekly- 1st week is 36.75 hours and the 2nd week will be 49 hours. Schedule rotation is 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off, from 6:30am -6:45pm or 6:30pm-6:45am. Work every other weekend. Employees rotate 4 weeks on day shift, then 4 weeks on night shift with a night time differential. ---
1. - One (1) year of experience working with tools in a manufacturing or industrial environment
preferred. Employer will train.
2. - High school diploma or GED and a valid drivers license is required.
3. - Minimum age 18 for insurance purpose.
4. - Ability to work rotating 12-hour shifts-including weekends and holidays.
5. - Ability to work safely in a team -oriented environment.
6. - Ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally without assistance.
7. - Ability to stand for long periods of time on concrete flooring; bending, stooping and other
8. - Position requires great attention to detail.
9. - Ability to read, write and speak the English language sufficiently to communicate with the general public.
10. - Have basic computer and math skills.
11. - General knowledge and experience using various types of hand tools.
12. - History of learning and applying new information and technology with math and learning skills.
13. - Employer conducts pre-employment and on-going testing for controlled substances, alcohol,
physical, MS(muscle skeletal)evaluation, background check, audiogram and vision. ---
1. - Participate in daily safety routines both as an individual and as a team member.
2. - Perform calibration functions on processing equipment.
3. - Use basic hand and power tools.
4. - Measure pipe and verify that dimensional tolerances are within acceptable criteria.
5. - Prepare product for shipping per various packaging requirements.
6. - Assist team mates as required.
Employer supports a safe and drug-free workplace through pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and background checks.
Paper resumes will not be accepted. All job seekers must go to the web site to be considered for positions. If you are interested in applying for this position and need an accommodation to apply, please contact the Human Resources Service Center at 1-800-446-1422, option #4.
The employer is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.