Helix Electric, LLC Operations Manager in Reno, Nevada
With a brand new, yet already thriving office in Reno, Nevada, we are seeking to hire a driven, self-motivated, results oriented leader with demonstrated success in driving business results and achieving performance goals. To better support current backlog and the anticipated doubling of business over the next few years, Helix Electric has created a new position for a dynamic executive with a great deal of personal drive and energy. As a leader of the executive management team, the Operations Manager is responsible for the overall success and stability of Helix Electric, with a particular focus on integrating all operational functions. The successful candidate will have significant experience within the power/electrical industry, having worked effectively through periods of rapid growth and change, ideally in the Northern Nevada market. This individual will have successfully demonstrated the ability to i) manage and grow a substantial organization, while building a talent workforce, ii) identify, analyze, and negotiate new work, develop new business alliances, iii) work directly with the executive team, as well as key outside constituents, and iv) be active in trade organizations.
* Develop, drive and oversee budget and P&L. Consequently, responsible for timely reporting, keeping the company on its financial performance track, and ultimately responsible for developing the company s strategy along with the annual business plan.
* Evaluate and continually improve the systems and processes being used by the departments to effectively meet customer requirements and profitability goals.
* Review and sign contracts, change order budgets over $50K, new project budgets, etc.
* Manage, mentor, and develop a group of approximately 10 direct and 35 total reports. Review monthly cost to completes to ensure schedule and budget is being met for each project.
* R eview and approve project management assignments.
* Responsible for hiring, promotions and performance appraisals.
* Implement corporate policies and procedures.
* Work closely with Preconstruction personnel to maintain current GC/Owner relationships and cultivate new ones.
* Member and participant in the Helix Senior Safety Committee to ensure safety policies are being followed.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* 15+ years of experience in power generation and electrical construction.
* 20+ years business experience with a minimum of 7-10 years experience as a member of senior management.
* Experience leading a company in excess of $50M in revenues.
* Tactical business thinker, comfortable with high level strategic planning and deal making.
* High energy, strong work ethic, uncompromising integrity, A player with strong leadership and problem solving skills.
Helix Electric is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran. Diverse employees/candidates are encouraged to respond. Helix Electric is committed to developing and maintaining a workplace which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Back Email Apply Now
Employer's Job# 304
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.