Microsoft Corporation Portfolio Product Mgr, Deal & Offerings, WW Services Business Operations in Redmond, Washington
Do you have a passion for creating systems which seamlessly connect and provide the best experience to end users? Are you recognized by your peers as a leader and a creative, solution-driven thinker? Do you have a proven track record of successfully working in high performing, SCRUM development teams? Then read on – the Deal and Offerings Solutions (DOS) team needs you!
Our team internally builds enterprise systems, and integrates with IT, partner and BI systems to create a global taxonomy, deal management, compliance and contracting ecosystem for Microsoft’s $6B Services business. We are on a mission – to drive field productivity, with high NSAT, and be a lighthouse for consumerization of IT using Microsoft’s cloud technologies. This dynamic organization’s systems enable productivity for thousands of active field and HQ customers, and are central to driving bottom-line revenue. Services is a fast growing and evolving business, oftentimes creating voids of ambiguity. With ambiguity comes opportunity. We are looking for another opportunist to join our team.
Role & Opportunity:
We are seeking an experienced Portfolio Product Manager who has a proven track record leading product implementations; from inception and planning, through design, through production release and beyond. You will be responsible for leading or contributing to teams supporting a broad portfolio of integrated systems – some we own, some we partner with external teams and integrate with. These systems are in different stages of maturity; from actively-in-feature expansion to bold future-state in active v1 creation. You will work with internal and (external) partner teams, executive management, architects, development and quality assurance teams, and program managers to drive a vision, create functional specifications, drive priority requirements into internal and partner sprint schedules, and ultimately influence the high-quality products we are known for. The successful candidate will have effective written and oral communication skills, excellent product management skills, and thrive in a highly innovative, agile and fast evolving business environment.
• Help define and drive product/portfolio vision, and strategy to enable vision.
• Justify and prioritize features and investments against portfolio vision and strategy.
• Align investments and priorities across internal & integrated external partner teams.
• Drive the execution and delivery using common engineering tools (VSO, backlogs, prioritization frameworks, burn down charts, etc),
• Write detailed functional or requirement specifications where needed to enable product engineering to execute.
• Anticipate risks; assess, mitigate, and manage accordingly.
• Coordinate, contribute, team, align, lead, defer, trade-off or argue-out wherever necessary.
• Keep the shark moving forward, always.
Some domestic and international travel will be required.
• Minimum of 4+ years working as a technical portfolio manager, product manager or related engineering discipline defining, driving, and shipping products through multiple release cycles.
• Strong strategic leadership and analytical skills, including ability to assess critical risks and trade-offs.
• Conflict / Negotiation management – demonstrated influencing skills
• Ability to attack ambiguity through strong creative thinking, teaming, and well-reasoned assumptions.
• Held responsibility for the creation of functional specifications, sprint plans and balancing cost, schedule and scope commitments.
• High degree of flexibility - willing to fill in the gaps where necessary.
• Ability to seamlessly team across disciplines – product; sprint planning, design, development, testing, integrations, and program: planning, communications, deployments, user support
• Demonstrated background leading or working within SCRUM teams; bonus if they are/were decentralized SCRUM teams.
• A passion for fast, but well-reasoned prototyping, implementation, checking, iterating
• Experience with CRM, contracting or compliance systems, or Microsoft Services a strong plus
• Bachelor Degree required or equivalent experience.
Who we are
In Microsoft Services Business Operations (SBO), our goal is to power One Services through a common operating model that simplifies and improves customer and employee experiences. Our team drives a broad range of shared services functions that include Operations, Services Insights, Role Excellence, and Business Solutions & Tools for both the Enterprise Services and Customer Service & Support businesses.
Microsoft Digital, Services & Success
Microsoft Digital, Services & Success, with over 21,500 employees worldwide, is dedicated to delivering on Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We are the voice of support services, the trusted advisor of consulting services, and the source of the world’s best enterprise strategies. Simply put, Services helps customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments. For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
wwdss Business programs & operations