Microsoft Corporation Operations Process Program Manager in Redmond, Washington
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Business Operations and the Digital Transformation value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development and recognizes and rewards great work. We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
The Partner Onboarding Team which sits within Microsoft Business Operations Compliance, Data Analytics & Services Organization supports Microsoft's strategy to leverage our partners as an extended sales force to help accelerate securing revenue. The Organization protects our customers, partners, and company by validating, onboarding, paying partners, converting big data to AI to drive competitive advantage, and by monitoring access to Microsoft IP. A key process within this remit is “Partner Vetting”, where we conduct a thorough and diligent review of our partners to ensure compliance with Microsoft policies and guidelines.
The Partner Vetting Process Program Manager role is responsible for designing, launching, supporting and executing operational processes and solutions related to how we onboard and maintain our Partners. We are a fast-paced, results oriented group within Microsoft Business Operations that interacts with various internal Worldwide Policy Groups, Engineering Teams, Regional Operations Centers and many more corporate organizations.
Here is your profile - You have deep passion for excellence in business process design and quality execution. You love the challenge of solving big, bold problems. You see opportunities when others see failures. You are a great communicator, able to customize your message to many layers in a large Corporation and you are comfortable delivering difficult messages when they are required. You have helicopter thinking (big picture) but have an ability to go to ground level details. You are a meticulous process designer, knowing how to instrument processes and ensure quality in design long before getting to launch. You are a rigorous project manager and take pride in delivering solid, clean, projects. You are tenacious in unearthing risks and mitigate them proactively, engaging whoever you need for support to do this. You have either had experience in an Operations environment or process re-engineering.
You will own and manage the Partner Vetting Capability process end to end, understanding the current partner experience as they onboard to our related system infrastructure. You will critically review existing inherited processes / structures and design/implement best practice where appropriate. You will engage with multiple internal stakeholders across many functional areas alongside your peer group of process professionals. You will also engage with partners directly to understand how to make their experience of the process easier and faster
• Own the end to end process for Partner Vetting, acting as key contact point for our stakeholders across multiple regions and Lines of business. You will be the process Subject Matter Expert (SME), critically reviewing existing processes, systems and engagement points with view to transforming to an enhanced partner experience
• Build, develop and maintain highly collaborative and effective working relationships with the Policy, Operations, and Engineering organizations, as well as other operational partners to facilitate proactive planning, effective communication and issue resolution. You will drive new functional requirements, from documentation to UAT and final implementation to production. You will provide effective timely communication on status of all Vetting and Onboarding activities to such internal stakeholders
• Accountable for building reporting and KPIs which measures the effectiveness of each sub-stage within the end to end process, identifying source data, systems and other inputs to the process. Continuous enhancements will be a core part of this accountability, transforming the process to be world class, balancing value add vs investments required.
• Review new business opportunities, engage with key stakeholders, identify execution requirements and capture a working Plan of Record for process integration, driving change control, managing issues and escalation, triage, cross group coordination and milestone management.
• You will engage with several partners on their onboarding experience, understanding challenges and what would make their experience simple when onboarding. You will gather feedback, assess for feasibility and look to implement. Building continuous regular engagement points to revalidate your new processes are achieving desired results
• Bachelor’s degree
• Min 6-8 years of demonstrated experience in a multi-national, fast moving operations or shared services environment
• Strong Process management skills with evidence of managing broad operational key processes, change management rhythms and system implementation
• Demonstrated Career progression and evidence of commitment to personal development.
• Ability to identify & implement industry best practices to improve existing processes; demonstrable achievement within a results-driven dynamic environment
• Strong analysis, communication, organizational and decision-making skills
• Passionate about being highly customer focused and continually looking at ways to serve them better
• Able to work effectively with all levels of internal and external personnel to drive for results and solve problems.
• Demonstrated excellence in thought leadership and execution management; Conflict/Negotiation management; independent, flexible and proactive in your approach.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supply chain & operations management