Microsoft Corporation Operations Engineering PM, Future Operating Models, WW Services Business Operations in Redmond, Washington
Microsoft Services mission is to empower our customers and partners as they realize their full potential in a mobile-first, cloud-first world. Key to consistent, high quality customer solutions is building and maintaining world-class operations. Enterprise Services (ES) Operations’ charter is to build a people and process capability that enables our sales and delivery teams execute with confidence and achieve more for our customers. Our priorities are to deliver valuable services and insights, identify and solve for simplification opportunities and plan and deliver new operational motions that accelerate our digital transformation. If you are a dynamic, driven leader who loves partnering with leaders from around the world to make our employee and customer experience better, we have a career opportunity for you!
The Operations Engineering Program Manager is accountable for partnering with the business to identify, plan, and deploy new operational services and experiences that will support our business as we move to new business processes and models. This role is critical to our business success as we are in a period of rapid growth and need a leader who can understand today’s operational capabilities, iterating our motions to accommodate new business requirements.
Key accountabilities include:
Represent the full portfolio of operational services – partnering other organizations including Service Center, HQ operations (ops), Regional Operating Centers (ROC), Domain ops, field ops, etc. to include indirect accountabilities along with wholly owned portfolio.
Design experiences that improve our sales and delivery experience - ensure experience across multiple service lines is seamless and simple to understand.
Leverage ops engineering playbooks and engagement motions to design and land new business requirements into the delivery engine.
Ensure the future operating models launch and align with technology investments and deployment plans.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the following:
• Striking a good balance between having a vision for ES Operations and knowing the details of individual services
• Providing business requirements to key partner groups including product management, IT, business intelligence, and other key partners, tracking to closure
• Identifying valuable business impact metrics, ensuring value of services is measured from launch forward
• Building effective communication themes and landing vehicles to drive global adoption of services.
• Developed strong partners across Microsoft, aligning goals & driving focused direct and indirect results with large impact
Success in this role will require a high degree of collaboration and strategic leadership across Services HQ, sales and delivery leaders, Services Business Operations, ES Ops leadership team, Finance, IT, Regional Operations Centers and other key business partners. To become the successful candidate, you will bring:
• End to end (sales through delivery) business knowledge on both Microsoft Consulting and Premier businesses
• Executive presence with strong business and people leadership capabilities
• Experience running operations for a consulting business
• High level of organization, planning, prioritization and attention to detail
• Ability to work and create structure in complex and ambiguous situations and respond flexibly in time sensitive situations
• Track record of delivering measurable improvements in operations (improved value/efficiency, increasing quality and/or reduced costs)
• Conflict / Negotiation management – demonstrated influencing skills
• Strong written/oral communication skills along with desire and ability to communicate with business leaders through all levels and functions within the organization.
• High energy and a “can do” attitude. Ability to motivate self and others
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, required; MBA a plus
• 7+ years of relevant business experience in program management
Microsoft Digital, Services & Success
Microsoft Digital, Services and Success, with over 22,000 employees worldwide, is dedicated to delivering on Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We are the voice of support services, the trusted advisor of consulting services, and the source of the world’s best enterprise and digital strategies. Simply put, Services helps customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments. For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WWDSS Business programs & operations