Microsoft Corporation Director of Operations, Program Management in Redmond, Washington
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft, to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects with a wide variety of business groups in an environment that appreciates diversity and style differences, focuses on talent development and recognizes and rewards great work, especially great team work.
You can be on Skype with team mates in Dublin or Singapore one hour, meeting with business stakeholders the next hour, volunteering at a school on your lunch hour, and then sitting down for a deep dive with engineering in the afternoon before heading off early to pick up your kids or go to a Garage event in the evening. In Microsoft Operations, we do everything from managing new product launches to delivering new global platforms, and we support one another from start to finish. Our primary goal though, always, is to make doing business with Microsoft easy!
We are seeking an energetic leader to help us transform the way our external Partners interact with Microsoft. The Partner Incentive operations team is accountable for paying partners on time and accurately and ensuring they have a great experience doing business with Microsoft! This is a critical charter and tremendous opportunity to make a positive difference across thousands of partners directly influencing strategic growth outcomes across our most exciting products and services.
You will be able to leverage your previous engineering experience to influence and partner with various engineering and business partners to make doing business with Microsoft easier thus improving partner satisfaction and creating an excited partner base!
You will lead an Operations team that is accountable for:
• Improving our Partners ability to transact with Microsoft by leveraging deep business and technical acumen with respect to how Partner interact with Microsoft and how that experience could be improved
• Develop and maintain trusting stakeholder relationships across Operations, Business and Engineering stakeholders
• Delivering executive level presentations internally and externally that represent the state of our Partners experience, how we are improving it along with our plans to transform the experience
• Proactively partner with peer operations teams within and across Operations to improve visibility to how the partner experience is changing (create clarity)
• Be the go to team for influencing engineering on both current and future state partner needs (you are willing to partner, listen, and leverage your engineering background to influence and partner with engineering)
• Influence and mature capabilities through BI operational insights
• Partnering closely with launch management to align engineering and operations in delivering a smooth partner experience
• Drive continuous improvement across our processes to engage with engineering as well as looking at opportunities to improve partner capability processes – specifically payment capability which paysout multi billions per year.
• Having fun! With a challenging charter, we must always remember to have fun! We look forward to what you can bring to our team!
Ideal Candidate Attributes:
• Engineering experience in a PM or Development based discipline
• Ability to effectively present internally and externally and adjust message and style to audience
• Ability to develop clear presentations to executive audience
• Be data driven and be able to analyze data to derive insights and turn them into focus / actions
• Self-starter and Customer & Partner Focused
• Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline
• 10 years minimum experience leading large scale organizational and business transformation changes globally and in developing creative business solutions.
• Data driven. Be comfortable with Excel and SQL and willing to ramp up on and create your own PowerBI views. Comfortable diving into the details and figuring out what the data really shows, and then driving your decisions based on that data
• Ability to Travel - Microsoft is an international company and you’ll have team members all over the world that you’ll work with day to day and need to create lasting relationships with. Travel is not absolutely required, but being asked to travel 2-4 weeks a year internationally is highly likely
• Demonstrate a love of tech and ease in quickly ramping up on new architecture and systems. We work in an agile environment – which is a lot of fun, but means that things are constantly evolving and improving.
• Engineering Experience in a PM or Development based discipline
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supply chain & operations management