STG, Inc Security Operations Center Analyst in Raleigh, North Carolina
Join STG, Inc. and watch your career soar! Be part of a diverse team of men and women who solve the most challenging problems today.
About the Team:
STG is a leading provider of mission-critical technology, cyber and data solutions to more than 50 US Federal Agencies. STG has been consistently listed amongst Washington Technology’s Top 100 Government Technology Contractors. We provide performance-oriented solutions in cyber security and secure information systems, software development, systems and services, and intelligence and analytics. We serve our customers at more than 250 locations at home and overseas.
About the Job:
STG is looking to add a talented Security Operations Center Analyst to its team in support of the United States Postal Service. The ideal candidate will have the fundamental understanding of computer networking, operating systems, and multiple security technology (IDS, Splunk, Firewalls, etc.). Candidates must have the ability to detect, correlate and escalate cybersecurity events, provide in-depth analysis, utilize case management, SIEM and similar tools, and prepare briefings and reports of findings under a 24/7/365 shift environment.
• Shift 1 (11:30pm-8am) M-F
• Shift 2 (7am-4pm ) M-F
• Shift 3 (3:30pm-12am) M-F
• Weekend 1 (7am-7pm) Sat & Sun plus 16 hours during the week
• Weekend 2 (7pm-7am) Sat & Sun plus 16 hours during the week.
• Respond in real time to cyber security events.
• Provide network threat analysis.
• Act as the single point of entry for all incoming events, alerts, or other reporting items.
• Monitoring network traffic for security events and perform triage analysis.
• Working closely with other teams to assess risk and provide recommendations for improving security posture.
• Providing proactive threat research.
• 3+ years of related experience on a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC) or a Security Operations Center (SOC).
• Bachelors degree in Science, Business, or a technically related field.
• Equivalent combination of education/training/experience in lieu of Bachelors Degree
• One or more of the following certifications:
• CompTIA Security +
• CPTE - Certified Penetration Testing Engineer or CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker
• GCIH - (GIAC Certified Incident Handler)
• ECIH - (EC-Council Certified Incident Handler)
• CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor
STG is always looking for qualified candidates. Jumpstart your career with an industry leader and Apply Today! In order to be considered for this position, you must apply through STG’s Career page at http://jobs.jobvite.com/stg.