Fortive Corporation Executive Assistant- Operations and Engineering in Radford, Virginia
Executive Assistant- Operations and Engineering
Kollmorgen is part of the Fortive group of businesses located in Radford, Virginia. More than five decades ago, Kollmorgen developed the direct drive technology that enables some of today’s most remarkably innovative machines.
We helped engineers build the first self-contained artificial heart. Our end-to-end onsite engineering resulted in China’s first air-jet loom for manufacturing, and we’ve been a pioneer in hybrid motor technology for transportation for two decades.
Our infrastructure, our intellectual knowledge, our passion and experience are testament to our pursuit of motion excellence. And because of our heritage of customization, we see opportunities, not obstacles.
Provide administrative support to the VP of Operations and the VP of Engineering and supports the general administrative team for Kollmorgen. Will be the main point of contact at the Main Street location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Along with those identified below, other duties may be assigned. Working under minimal supervision, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for:
•Arranging both domestic and international travel schedules and processes expense reports.
•Analyzes travel trends and expenses to determine alternatives to reduce costs.
•Preparing spreadsheets, memos, documentation, presentations and reports utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
•Coordinating and supporting internal meetings and conferences.
•Coordinating calendars (Outlook) for supported leaders.
•Prioritizing and organizing tasks and information.
•Interfacing with high-level internal and external contacts.
•Capture meeting notes and assists with action plan follow-up.
•Acting as contact when staff is unreachable.
•Maintaining files and records as necessary.
•Provides project leadership
•Assists with tracking Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
•Backs up and supports the general administrative team when necessary.
Kollmorgen is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES NECESSARY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• The ability to respond to changing situations, ambiguity, and be able to reprioritize work as necessary.
• May occasionally require flexibility in working hours.
• Must be a self-starter who is proactive with the ability to problem solve with effective follow-up.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills required as this position includes interaction with individuals at all levels within the organization.
• Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
• Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal partners and external contacts
• Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to exercise judgment within general defined practices and policies in deciding problems and solutions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
• Two or more years of experience managing an office or supporting an executive.
• Prior business management experiences is a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com .
Job: Manufacturing / Operations
Primary Location: North America-United States-VA-Radford
Req ID: KOL001198