McKesson Operations Process Lead in Quebec, Canada
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
This position reports directly to the Operational Excellence Manager and will provide leadership in the creation and implementation of continuous improvement projects and initiatives that support Operational and overall Business objectives. The Project Lead will utilize operational excellence, value stream modeling, lean thinking and other strategies to identify and drive process improvements and significantly reduce waste in order to positively affect our Operations.
• Support the Operational Excellence program and recommend processes consistent with a culture of continuous improvement that delivers the intended outcomes
• Identify and drive process improvements to significantly reduce waste in order to support the growth of the business
• Act as a change agent for driving positive culture change and improving operational efficiencies using existing processes
• Establish, measure, and monitor key process metrics tied to overall organizational operational improvement goals
• Develop reports to assist in identifying trends, areas requiring investigation/remediation, and other indicators
• Have a solid understanding of supply chain management and distribution based technology (e.g. Automation, Slotting, WMS, WCS, etc.)
• Works across functional areas to drive projects to completion and achieve distribution objectives
• Facilitate driving awareness on Lean Principles, Kaizen, and 5S
• Develop and maintain appropriate relationships with internal and external customers to accomplish business objectives and achieve outstanding customer service
• Other projects and activities as required from time to time
• Maintain appropriate communications with all levels of the organization
• Works across functional areas to drive projects to completion
• University degree in Engineering or Business
• 3 years of continuous improvement experience
• Strong analytical skills that include the ability to identify opportunities for improvement
• Recognized knowledge of distribution systems and their applications
• Proven capability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
• Proven analysis and problem solving abilities
• Knowledge of MS Office; Word, Excel, Access and Visio
• Capacity to interact with all levels of the organization
• Certification in Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt considered an asset
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
No agencies please.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson Canada on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson Canada attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
By providing your application to McKesson Canada you hereby consent to McKesson Canada obtaining personal information regarding you that is related to the position applied for. You also consent to McKesson Canada transferring your application details to our recruitment partners for their review and assistance. You also consent to McKesson Canada keeping your application on file.
McKesson Canada is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Job: Project Management
Organization: McKesson Canada
Title: Operations Process Lead
Requisition ID: 17005696