Amazon.com Senior Operations Manager in Poznan, Poland
Business area: Operations – Fulfilment Centre
Operations is at the heart of Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good. The Ops teams in our Fulfilment Centres are responsible for controlling the vast range of fast paced inventory from inbound to outbound and work very hard to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it.
Role: Senior Operations Manager
The role of senior Operations Manager is a critical position and delivers huge impact both on the customer experience and on and on bottom line performance within the Fulfilment Centre. Reporting directly to the General Manager of your site, you will be providing motivational and inspirational leadership to Operations and Area Managers, helping them develop themselves, their teams and every aspect of their departments. As a Senior Operations Manager, you will design and implement numerous improvement projects (KAIZEN), aimed at streamlining activities, while driving up performance and quality. Taking part in site, regional and global initiatives, you will tackle complex problems that affect customers and work to resolve them with innovative solutions. You will be given a real opportunity to shape your area with ideas that could be rolled out across the Amazon network. Whatever you focus on, it will be aimed at ensuring service excellence, whilst continuously improving our processes.
You will play a critical role in the management, control and direction of either Outbound or Inbound area of Operations within our Fulfilment Centre SITE. The extent of your duties will include:
• Maintain health and safety standards within area and promote a positive health and safety culture on site.
• Overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of site operations functions, including full accountability for setting and achieving operational goals, strategic planning, analysis and forecasting.
• Drive process improvements by using LEAN/ Six Sigma/ Kaizen methodologies to enhance our productivity and make our customer experience better than ever.
• Business analysis and partnership across Amazon with Retail and Finance leaders to develop new operating opportunities.
• Manage a team of Operations and Area Manager as direct reports, with responsibility of a large department within a time-critical and demanding environment. This will include clarifying requirements and expectations for Operations Managers, Area Managers and Team Leaders.
• Leverage ideas of Area Managers and Team Leaders to source and nurture creative improvement plans for the Fulfilment Centre and take proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments and shifts
• Be a Subject-Matter Expert on larger processes and activities within the fulfilment centres, i.e. 5s audits, alignment with Standard Work procedures across the network.
• Continuously measure and evaluate the departmental goals and all work processes, available daily labour and daily production goals and hourly progress towards these goals. Manage and report KPI analysis daily.
The successful candidate will:
• Have strong people management experience, excellent oral and written communication skills and experience working with customers internally and externally.
• Possess excellent business judgment, able to step back and look at long term vision for the department growth. Be resourceful, able to manage ambiguity and prepared to get involved if needed.
• Be competent in two or more production or supply chain areas, with an impressive track-record of achieving results in a similar fast- paced logistics, distribution, manufacturing or engineering environment.
• Demonstrate a strong track record of problem solving and solid analytical skill capability to look at and find solutions for a variety of operational challenges.
• Extensive project and change management expertise.
• Thrive on change, inclined to operate with flexibility and commit the time required to get the job done. Work shifts, including weekends, in an operational 7/365 environment. Willing to relocate if necessary
AMZR Req ID: 517105
External Company URL: www.amazon.com