The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company General Crew Airship Operations [FL] in Pompano Beach, Florida
Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position
- Under the general direction of the Grounds Crew Operation Manager, performs more simple maintenance and repair of airship power plants, related control accessories and auxiliary equipment including; runs, adjusts and engine tune ups for flight.
- Assists other mechanics with maintenance and repairs to radio, metal and rigging.
- Participates as a member of the ground crew in launching and retrieving the airship as required in a safe and acceptable manner.
- Drives ground service equipment (GSE) bus, trucks, service van and car.
- Tends to airship pressure watch (helium/air) in rotation with coworkers.
- Represent the company and Airship Operations in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Of particular importance are the public affairs of the assignment which includes personal appearance and attitude towards various publics in answering questions which depicts the company in a positive and favorable manner.
- Maintains and repairs the airship on a daily basis as needed. This includes the airframe and power plant, airship envelope and cabling.
- May assist in the airship rebuild/erection of airships.
- May assist in rigging duties including patch tests, re-cabling, decaling, painting, etc.
- Participates as a crew member. This includes assisting in the safe handling of the airship and passengers. Also includes driving the ground service equipment (GSE) bus, trucks, service van and car.
- Tends airship (pressure watch- helium and air) in rotation.
- Assists in launching and retrieval ( masting ) of the airship.
- Doubles on airship pressure watch rotation with other General Crew personnel in order to maintain a safe masting condition including: Security, Proper Trim, pressure and ballasting and cleanliness of both airship and GSE.
- Work with communications and navigation equipment, radar, power generation, electrical systems and all wiring systems in the airship. Also assist with all wiring and electrical systems in the ground equipment. This includes all electrical work up to needing a licensed electrician.
- Troubleshooting is a major part of the work.
Required Education and Experience
- High School degree or equivalent is required.
- 2-year degree from an approved technical school in a related field is desired.
- Ability to obtain a CDL is required.
- Previous experience in aviation is desired.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 66,000 people and manufactures its products in 49 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate .
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
EEO is The Law - click here for more information