Waste Management Gas Operations Supervisor - Landfill in Pompano Beach, Florida
EqualOpportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), aFortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste andenvironmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to afoundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WMserves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial andmunicipal markets throughout North America through a network of collectionoperations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-basedenergy production projects.
I. Job Summary
This position reports to the Area Gas Operations Manager (AGOM) and isresponsible for the operation and maintenance of landfill gas collection andcontrol systems (GCCS) including the supervision and direction of GasTechnician I and Gas Technician II positions as well as contractors.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The individual must havethe ability to work independently without direct supervision. To perform thisjob successfully, an individual must be able to supervise the work efforts ofothers and perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties maybe assigned and vary by location.
- Properly operate and maintain GCCS in a timely and cost effective manner to ensure regulatory compliance and optimize performance.
GCCS operation and maintenance includes: - 50%
Calibrate, operate and maintain sensitive electronic data collection devices necessary to optimize LFG collection from the wellfield.
- Collect and manage data entry from environmental monitoring locations.
- Implement and manage the GCCS preventative maintenance plan.
- Operate and maintain liquid management system pneumatic or electric driven pumps (troubleshoot and determine liquid heights within liquid containment structures and or LFG collection wells).
- Perform wellfield valve/vacuum adjustments, data collection and maintenance; interpret data
- Use Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) or High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) piping materials and associated equipment to perform maintenance on piping materials.
- Monitor opacity (visible stack emissions) where required
Troubleshoot GCCS and related systems
Supervise gas technicians; delegate work assignments 40%
Train gas technicians on GCCS operations and maintenance activities; mentor and evaluate technician proficiency
- Manage/supervise contractor activities
- Provide project management support to the AGOM for GCCS design and construction.
Participate in the development of LFG related capital and expense budgets.
Review and analyze GCCS operating data and prepare reports; mentor technicians on same – 10%
- Implement all job related health and safety requirements and procedures.
- Be available for on-call response (physically on site or by phone as required) to GCCS related malfunction events.
- Indirectly supervise operations of Level I and II Gas Technicians (up to 15 employees).
The requirements listedbelow are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform thejob.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma (accredited) or GED.
- Experience: 5 years of GCCS operations experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates,Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid and unrestricted driver’s license
C. Other Knowledge,Skills or Abilities Required
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills (unless in Canadian provinces)
- Advanced computer skills (i.e., email, web browser, Microsoft - Windows Excel and Word)
- Excellent mechanical and technical skills/aptitude
- Ability to optimize the performance of GCCS
- Thorough familiarity with the operation of gas collection and combustion devices with the ability to troubleshoot this equipment remotely
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and workenvironment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of thejob.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive totalcompensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance andShort Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K,and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and PersonalDays. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, pleaseclick "Apply.”
Title: Gas Operations Supervisor - Landfill
Location: Florida-Pompano Beach
Requisition ID: 17016723