Carnegie Mellon University Business Operations and Real Estate Program Coordinator - Campus Design and Facility Development in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Campus Design and Facility Development (CDFD) is responsible for the planning, acquisition, design, construction and renovation of university facilities. We are committed to supporting the University by offering high quality, innovative and efficient spaces that cultivate the teaching, learning and research goals of all students, faculty and staff.
Are you a highly organized, detail driven professional, able to coordinate aspects of a large business portfolio? Are you able to professionally juggle database maintenance, report generation, and audit requests, all while striving for quality and process improvement? Are you ready to support a quickly growing campus community?
Campus Design and Facility Development is searching for a Business Operations and Real Estate Program Coordinator. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives in an interesting and challenging work environment. You will provide essential support by coordinating the real estate portfolio and key operational tasks in the Campus Design and Facility department of Carnegie Mellon University.
- Handle the lease approval documentation and correspondence with the Office of General Counsel
- Facilitate financial review, analysis and payment of internal and external leases
- Maintain a database of critical lease information such as renewal and expiration dates, notice requirements, landlord information, rights of first refusal, purchase options, and space data
- Prepare scheduled and ad-hoc reports and presentations utilizing lease data
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external auditors by assisting with document requests, coordinating information, confirming accuracy of financial information
- Assist leadership in drafting responses and executing business process changes that are required as a result of the audit
- Perform administrative functions to include general correspondence, proposals, reports and lease amendments
You should have strong attention to detail, excellent customer service and a team approach. Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within CDFD. Collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a dynamic population partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through his/her work.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three to five years of program coordination required
- Real estate or property management experience preferred
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world: http://www.cmu.edu/jobs/why-cmu/index.html. A listing of employee benefits is available at: http://www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/index.html.
Carnegie Mellon University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Job Function: Facilities / Operations / Safety
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Organization: CAMPUS DESIGN AND FACILITY DEVELOPMENT
Req ID: 2006138
Time Type: Full Time
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent