Carnegie Mellon University Assistant Director, Event Services & Planning - Building Operations, Tepper School of Business in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Carnegie Mellon University’s Tepper School of Business is among the world’s best business schools. Both U.S. News and the Wall Street Journal business school rankings consistently place Tepper in the top 10 of undergraduate business programs. The undergraduate business program is based on a rigorous curriculum with a focus on the technical aspects of management coupled with a breadth of liberal education courses that take advantage of Carnegie Mellon’s six undergraduate colleges. The Tepper curriculum emphasizes quantitative decision making and an analytical approach to problem solving.
The Tepper School of Business is searching for a talented Assistant Director, Event Services & Planning. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives in an interesting and challenging work environment. You will contribute to the Building Operations department by providing essential support in overseeing the event services and planning function for the department with a level of professionalism and discretion. As a key member of the Building Operations, Facilities and Events Services team, you will have the opportunity to combine high levels of customer service and expert administrative and organizational skills in support of the Tepper School of Business and its constituents.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Acts as the central person for the group to request purchase orders, reconcile Oracle expenses, review and analyze department budgets, manage tracking and reconciliation of department expenditures, analyze data and information to assist with the budget preparation, and compare against benchmarking and best practices data.
- Manages relevant procurement processes within the department to leverage spend, reduce costs and increase efficiencies.
- Creates and maintains relevant information on the department intranet site.
- Special projects as assigned, with a key project for 2017-18 being to coordinate the move into the new facility housing The Tepper School of Business.
You should have strong attention to detail, excellent customer service, a team-oriented approach. Adaptability, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Building Operations department. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners with a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
Ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; excellent customer service skills with the ability to keep a calm demeanor; excellent time, project management and communication skills.
- Ability to follow through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed financial and other records and databases and confidential records.
- Ability to handle the flow of projects through all phases until completion.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience required.
- Minimum three years’ experience in facilities management, planning or operations.
- Valid state driver’s license highly desired.
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world: http://www.cmu.edu/jobs/why-cmu/index.html. A listing of employee benefits is available at:http://www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/index.html.
Carnegie Mellon University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Job Function: Facilities / Operations / Safety
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Organization: TEPPER SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Req ID: 2006941
Time Type: Full Time
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent