General Electric Quality Assurance Operator X G27-G31 Pr in Piedmont, South Carolina
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Greenville Level II Non-Destructive Test Operator uses x-ray technology to inspect high-pressure turbine blades. Two positions are available on 2nd shift.
• Perform radioscopy and computed tomography NDT inspections of aircraft engine turbine airfoils in a fast paced manufacturing environment
• Evaluate images and interpret test findings in accordance with manufacturing blueprints, process specifications, and work instructions
• Accurately document test findings and archive historical records
• Effectively communicate information and perform duties in a teaming environment
• Perform daily equipment set-up procedures and quality checks
• Perform radiation safety surveys and successfully complete annual radiation safety training
• High School Diploma / GED
• All applicants must successfully pass written general, specific and practical examinations
• Current level 2 certification in radiography meeting National Aerospace Standard (NAS) 410. Previous radiography training and experience must include a minimum of 80 hours formal classroom education and 800 hours radiography experience.
• Possess the skills and knowledge to set up and calibrate equipment, conduct tests, interpret, evaluate and document findings without supervision.
• Demonstrate the ability to apply geometric, trigonometric and algebraic relationships.
• Through knowledge of the scope and limitations of radiographic imaging techniques
• Demonstrated Organizational and Leadership Skills
• Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Current GE Aviation certification in radioscopy meeting General Electric Quality Control Work Instruction T-049
• Minimum of 40 hours digital radiography classroom training and 200 hours of digital radiographic testing experience
• Previous experience performing digital radiographic inspection of cast turbine airfoils
• Previous GE Aviation manufacturing experience
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in manufacturing, preferably in a teaming environment
Locations: United States; South Carolina; Piedmont
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.