IDC Operations Manager (1st shift) in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
At Essendant Inc., it is our intention to be the fastest and most convenient solution for workplace essentials. To do this, we need exceptionally talented, bright, innovative and driven employees. If you would like to be part of the team that helps unlock the potential of our customer-partners and those they serve, this is your chance to be involved. Essendant Inc. is a leading national wholesale distributor of workplace essentials, with consolidated net sales of $5.3 billion. Essendant stocks a broad assortment of over 160,000 products, including technology products, traditional office products, office furniture, janitorial and breakroom supplies, industrial supplies, and automotive aftermarket tools and equipment.
We offer an exciting and challenging environment that encourages independent thinking, problem solving, and growth. We believe in giving back to our communities as well as others in need. We embrace diversity and believe our employees create a sustainable competitive advantage. We adhere to the high standards of Our Guiding Actions and Our Values.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
At Essendant, we offer our employees a wide-range of Medical and Dental options, as well as Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts. Work/life balance is encouraged and we support that with Paid Vacations/PTO and Paid Holidays. We promote growth by assisting with Tuition Reimbursement. Our employees’ futures are important to us; therefore, we offer a 401(k) plan, Life Insurance, AD&D; and more.
- Manages and coordinates the activities of multiple departments ensuring a productive, safe and inclusive work environment.
- Achieves productivity, process and quality goals for areas of responsibility. Identifies and removes barriers to achieving departmental goals.
- Ensures adequate staffing levels according to the departments’ workload. Coordinates necessary staffing changes across departments based on projected volume.
- Ensures proper safety focus and required safety processes/training are implemented.
- Maintains functional plans around workforce planning, communications planning, and operational planning.
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant's Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning, change management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to solve problems, achieve results and foster strong customer service orientation.
- High degree of initiative, team building and dedication to effective positive change.
- Intermediate computer skills.
Bachelors or better in Logistics /Supply Chain Management or related field.
5 years:Job related experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Posted: August 3, 2017