Capstone Logistics Warehouse Operations Manager in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Our company enables our clients to create value for their labor intensive activities within the distribution center (DC) environment. We provide a variety of specialized services, all designed to help our clients gain efficiency and improve productivity within the boundaries of the DC.*
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing, directing and supervising all associate activities at customer worksite which includes unloading, selection/picking and stack-down. The Operations Manager is also responsible for site customer service and daily communication with the client.
(Other job duties may be assigned)
- Performs all personnel management functions for site associates including hiring, scheduling, timesheet review, training, performance management, staff development and associate discipline.
- Suggests changes in work processes and/or use of equipment to increase productivity of work crew.
- Conducts industrial truck, safety, hazard communication program and new-hire orientation training.
- Analyzes workload and delivery schedules to estimate worker hours required for completion of assignments.
- Schedules associates accordingly.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures and schedules to meet customer needs.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists Team Leaders and associates in solving work problems.
- Interprets Company policies and procedures for associates and enforces safety regulations.
- Confers with Team Leaders to coordinate activities of various workgroups.
- Investigates and reports all on-the-job accidents and injuries in a thorough and timely manner. Complies with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Insures the efficiency, effectiveness and profitability of site operations.
- Answers inquiries on types of services offered, rates, schedules, payment procedures, etc.
- Completes and submits Attendance Reports and Receipt Logs in an accurate and timely manner
- Resolves customer service issues as needed.
- Investigates customer complaints involving such matters as damaged product or equipment, overcharges, and delays in unloading, picking, packing, etc. Makes adjustments as necessary to insure customer satisfaction.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled