Progress Rail Services Corp. Production Operator in Peru, Indiana
Auto req ID: 1874BR
Posting Title: Production Operator
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Alternative Work Location: Peru
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
This is a first shift position
• Prepping of TWA parts;
• Polishing and machining of TWA parts;
• May include grinding of parts;
• Inspection and assembly of parts;
• Balance and final packaging of complete assemblies;
• Safe and proper use of hoist systems;
• Accurately complete all associated paperwork;
• Maintain 6’s to PR standards;
• Accurately identify, designate, document, and follow Standard Work Instructions;
• Complete and maintain all operator TPM’s;
• Wear all appropriate PPE and work safely with little supervision;
• Maintain high quality level with a goal of “0” defects;
• All other duties yet to be determined.
Qualifications and Experience
• This area requires an operator to accurately understand and use several gages. A score of 70% or greater must be achieved on the QC gage exam (see supervisor if unsure) to qualify. Some Math experience will be required for calculations;
• Excellent interpersonal, team oriented, and organizational skills required;
• The ability to work with and communicate with coworkers at all levels is essential;
• Strong process/systems skills would be a plus;
• Ability to work from written, visual and verbal work instructions;
• Ability to read, interpret gages and blueprints;
• Able to lift, move, and shift objects up to 90 lbs. repeatedly throughout the shift.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities