Danaher Corporation Production Operator II in Pensacola, Florida
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
A Production Operator II is proficient in the independent set-up, start-up, continuous operation and shutdown of the assigned area process or processes as detailed by Value Stream (VS), shown below:o Belts VS – Aztec Oven, Fabricoater Casting Lines, Post-Treatment Equipment, Wind-up, Belts 2, 3, 4 & 5 o Extrusion VS – PTFE Blending, Preforming, Extrusion, MDO#1 and MDO#2, TDO, Interleaving and SRC; MBM machine o Quench Cast VS – Mixing, Casting, Interleafing, Annealing, Trickle Washing and Drying o Conversion VS – Shoe Press, Blantz Slitter, 3M Roll Stand, Dusenbery I & II, Cameron Slitter & Zefluor Stand o Performs other duties as assigned
Essential Job Duties:
- Set-up, start-up, continuous operation and shutdown of manufacturing equipment and processes, using adherence to Standard Work Instructions (SWIs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and current Good Documentation Practices (cGDP)
- Monitor Critical-to-Quality (CTQs) media metrics, e.g. Delta-P, KL, Thickness, Basis Weight, etc. through Statistical Process Control (SPC) – where applicable – to ensure the highest quality media possible
- When appropriate, perform adjustments to the process using formally documented and approved Corrective Methods (CMs)
- Escalate any manufacturing process issues in a timely manner to minimize scrap and downtime
- Utilize company data systems, e.g. SAP, MMIS, etc., for data capture
- Contribute to improving manufacturing processes through solution-based ideation for continuous improvements
- As needed, assist area Production Technician(s) with periodic equipment maintenance
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) with 1 - 2 years manufacturing experience
- Ability to use a computer and applicable software, e.g. Microsoft Office, SAP, MMIS, etc.
- Ability to use basic mathematics to quantify scrap in various units of measure ,e.g. Linear Feet, Sq. Feet, etc. and downtime in minutes
- The ability to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to work overtime with little or no notice
- Requires to be screened for 20/30 vision (per SWI34000VSP)
- As required, the ability to safely work with certain solvents, e.g. IPA, DMAC and other common substances
- As required, the ability to climb ladders and perform elevated work using a man lift or harness
As required, must be able to wear a respirator which consists of passing a medical survey, pulmonary function test and be medically cleared by a physician
- Demonstrated safety first mentality
- Detailed oriented
- Good organizational and housekeeping skills
Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate to all levels in the organization
To work safely and to comply with the company’s health, safety and environmental (HSE) policies and procedures.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-FL-Pensacola
Req ID: PAL001326